MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-11-2002, 03:49 PM   #1
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default Cop Shows Up

Last night 3 friends of mine and I went for Coffee a town over where my ex g/f lives. I know of this industrial road that is about 2km long nice and wide and real nice and smooth. So we went there last night and decedied we'd map out apx. a 1/4 mile then try timing ourselves. I was in my friends Celebrity, and my other 2 friends were in a Oldsmobile LSS. So as you see we weren't doing any hardcore racing. So we just did runs back and forth down this road for about 10 minutes then we decided to leave and we see a car coming our way, I tell my friend to do the speed limit cause I don't trust this car. Good enough it's a cop, we go by him and our friend is about about 1/4 mile behind us. So we just keep going, and then we don't see our friend behind us anymore. We wait up at a coffee shop, and apparently the cop pulled them over just wondering what we were doing. He just gave a warning saying he doesn't want us to catch us doing anything illegal. Which kind of bursted my bubble because I was looking forward to using this road at night to race people once my stang gets on the road. We intend on going back marking exactly 1/4 mile and then taking off and then coming back doing a few races and getting out of there quick. I believe someone was in one of the buildings working late and called the cops on us because I don't know how likely it is for cops to come down that road in the middle of no where really. Anyone have any interesting stories with outcomes like this one, or any suggestions if I should find another road to race on?

When I go back I'll take some pictures of the road. I'm sure we can find some more industrial roads in our town too.

Thanks,
§am.
By the way the Oldsmobile did win by a long shot. =)

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 01:12 PM   #2
R-MODEL
Registered Member

Where in Ontario do you live???
1994 Mustang GT with 110K miles, ported cobra intake, ported edlebrock heads, 1 3/4" long tube, b303 cam, 2 chamber flowmasters, cobra-r wheels, cobra front brake kit, saleen wing, recaro seats, radar detector, etc.
R-MODEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 01:32 PM   #3
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Yeah we got a long road like that out in the middle of no where in my town where we go out to race.

But every highschool kid and everyone races there now, and they 2 houses on the road are like watch dogs for the cops now.

Last time I went out to race there before we hit the 60' mark there was a guy sprinting outside on his portable phone w/ the cops callin it in on us.

They pulled over my friend who was watching in his impala on the way home. I went by several cops and I didnt get stopped.

Guess its because the idiot called in my car as a Red Firebird.

:-D

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 12:28 AM   #4
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Quote:
Originally posted by R-MODEL
Where in Ontario do you live???
I live in Newmarket, about 25 minutes from Toronto, but we were racing in Bradford just a town over. Ever hear of them? Probably Newmarket I'm imagining. We went back there tonight but didn't really race, there are alot of cars parked in the parking lots beside so I'm imagining people who work late called the cops on us. But there are alot of roads around there also in my town.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote