MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-05-2002, 12:16 PM   #1
Barrfight
Registered Member

Default Cornfed imports suck

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this site, but anyway, I'm from the midwest and I just wanted to let you guys on the coast know that the ricers in the midwest are getting worse. It seems like every high school kid and their dog is getting a mitsubishi eclipse, slapping a body kit on it and thinking that they can run with my 5.0. Last week I beat a 96-98? eclipse that the kid said had a twin turbo. I told him to pull over after I beat him and showed him that his STOCK turbo was not a tt. These people don't know jack about their cars!

HOOAH!

Red 1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
BBK Headers
2 Chamber Flowmasters
2 1/2 in. exhaust
Underdrives
1.7 roller rockers
ported stock intake and heads
3.73 gears
Barrfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:32 PM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Yes, ricers do suck. Not only do they know nothing about cars, but they can't drive and they're gay!

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 03:40 PM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustanggt
Yes, ricers do suck. Not only do they know nothing about cars, but they can't drive and they're gay!
Yeah, just last week after I beat an accord I looked in my rearview and the two guys in the front seat were having sex.

I definitely hate rice too, but I don't think they are necessarily gay, per se. In all honesty, I saw a dude in a riced out civic getting road head the other day (from a girl). Only time I've ever wished I was in a civic!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 03:51 PM   #4
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
In all honesty, I saw a dude in a riced out civic getting road head the other day (from a girl). Only time I've ever wished I was in a civic!
Oh, that was me. I was driving my friend's Civic

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 05:56 PM   #5
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

but I don't think they are necessarily gay, per se. In all honesty, I saw a dude in a riced out civic getting road head the other day (from a girl).
You're right, I didn't neccessarily mean that they were gay. But I think there gay

Watch the deleted scenes in th Jay and Silent Bob DVD and you'll know what I mean.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 01:40 AM   #6
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default RICE!

Everytime I try and go out on a nice drive in the stang something always seems to happen. I'll be driving along when I'll hear a buzzing sound...but it's not coming from my side of the road. It'll be a ricer going the other way letting me know that he has "exhaust" on his mommy's accord/civic/jetta/prelude/eclipse. I eventually get sick of all the rice and have to turn around and come back home.

And why is it that when you ask a ricer what they have done, it's always the same thing. "Aw, dude, I got exhaust and intake"...It makes me angry when they say "intake" because it's not an intake manifold...it's a fenderwell mounted K&N or something of the like.

And why do they have to get crazy hoods with a big air scoop in the middle?? The other day I saw a "custom" bright GREEN cavalier. It had a crazy body kit and a hood that looked like the Cobra R hood with the SVO scoop in the middle. Upon further inspection, I noticed a "bumpin" stereo that distorted the music so bad all you could hear was bass, an automatic, and it was the base model. WTF!?!

But everytime I see rice, I stop and think... WHY COULDN'T I HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO INVENT CLEAR TAILLIGHTS?? I'd be rich beyond my wildest dreams...Summer is around the corner which only means one thing...The rice is coming!!! God help us...

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 11:11 AM   #7
gsxkilla
Registered Member

i respect some imports but i just dont like when i see some civics that dont even have turbo's running around!! but my friend scott does have a 95 gsx eclipse and it is pretty quick we raced and he ran infront of me all the way down the track till the end its just the fact that the awd takes off like no other and dont have to worry bout spin
ryan
Old 03-06-2002, 12:26 PM   #8
Venomrain
Registered Member

Default Tell me something I don't know...

Haha, I agree with Stang_Crazy. The weather gets nice out, I pull the cover off of the stang, fire it up. Ten minutes later I'm on the road. And here come the gnats. I called the fart piped imports 'gnats' cause that's what they are... tiny insect I can kill with one swat. 95% of all gnats consist of one/ some of these modifications: fart pipe, ground effects, aftermarket wheels, and some cheesy fictitious badging that they think somehow makes their car magically quicker by simply displaying them (you know, the honda civics with the red "VTEC-RR" badges...). And they always provoke you too. You'll hear a gnat approaching and it lines up with you at the light. You glance over and notice 3-4 teens in this loud car, all excitedly staring out you... as if they have a chance at taking you. When the light turns green see if they take off. If they do just silently laugh to yourself. Racing a gnat doesn't prove anything. You can swat at them all day, they only return to pester you some more. I don't even pay attention to the import scene any more, unless of course an M3 or the like rolls up. But an M3 isn't your typical "import", and to compare them with rice burners is an insult indeed. Remember, most of these cheeseballs need to drop 5k+ to make their cars even remotely quick. For that same cash you've added an S-trim vortech, 3.73s, bassani exhaust, underdrive pulleys and a bitchin' custom plate that reads "I8AVTEC"... thus widening the performance gap even further. Only thing worse than gnats are mosquitos... but we'll cover that topic at another time >=)
Old 03-06-2002, 12:30 PM   #9
geno5.0
Registered Member

Default where ?

Where from Iowa are you from.
geno5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:36 AM   #10
Barrfight
Registered Member

I'm about as far east in iowa as you can get without being in Illinois. I live in Clinton, IA. It's right on the "Nose" of iowa

HOOAH!

Red 1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
BBK Headers
2 Chamber Flowmasters
2 1/2 in. exhaust
Underdrives
1.7 roller rockers
ported stock intake and heads
3.73 gears
Barrfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 04:09 PM   #11
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

Default Re: RICE!

Quote:
Originally posted by Stang_Crazy
And why is it that when you ask a ricer what they have done, it's always the same thing. "Aw, dude, I got exhaust and intake"...It makes me angry when they say "intake" because it's not an intake manifold...it's a fenderwell mounted K&N or something of the like.

I get so annoyed at this also. Its cause you try to be decent towards them, and talk cars with them. "dude, I got an intake and exhaust." Really. then i say " All cars have intake and exhaust. I asked you what mods you have." At this point the ricer will either get mad at you for pointing out his ignorance and putting a tear in the bubble of his little ricer fantasy world, or he will step up and tell why his intake and exhaust is so great. And unless you feel like being a jerk you will smile and nod your head because you know that the cold air intake on a fox will give maybe 5 rwhp and that it will give even less on his 4 banger. Then you begin to struggle to contain your laughter when you think about how much he paid for this stuff.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 07:51 PM   #12
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I have been in the midwest now for 2 months and haven't really noticed to much rice. Ofcoruse i am smack dab in the middle of kansas. I actually see alot more 5.0s than i do ricers. ofcourse around military posts you don't see so much rice. You tend to see more american cars.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote