MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2002, 08:37 PM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Thumbs down Couple of my friends had a close call while racing.

A couple friends of mine, one with a very nice bright orange '69 GTO (stock sb400/auto) and one with a decently nice '69 Chevelle (350 w/ intake/carb, auto) had a close call to disaster the other night while they were racing out in the country.

They were about 2/3 of the way down the 1/4 mile and the kid in the Chevelle, who was about a 1/2 car ahead saw a large pothole in the GTO's path, so he slammed on the brakes so the GTO could come over into his lane to miss it. Instead of the GTO coming into his lane, he went off to the side of the rode a little bit and then when he went to steer back onto the rode his back tires let loose and the car fishtailed on him. When he corrected he just about smacked into the side of the Chevelle but he got ahold of it just in time and kept it in his own lane.

They were both a little shaken afterwards and felt pretty lucky. I just told them that they should have checked out the road a little better beforehand and it all could have been avoided.

Anyways, surprisingly enough the Chevelle was winning and ever so slowly pulling away. Neither of them spun, both cars are pretty dang slow, but an even match.

Just thought I'd share.....be careful everyone!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote