MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-04-2001, 07:30 PM   #1
typeR
Registered Member

Default a couple runs with a couple 99+GT's...

I'm alittle wound up still so bare with me...I told you all about a run with a yellow GT a couple months back...it was always from a roll....than at the end i saw a cop tucked away and locked them up trying to turn off...ended up having to bail on that idea...the cop never persued ...well just now, i cought up with that guy...Him and one of his friends were shootin' the $hit ...so i decided to go on up and ask him if he was the guy....turns out he was ,and didnt even see the cop ,we were doing 100+ at the time... well i ask what they've got ...his friend says exhaust, K&N , SUPERCHIP, and he has tires and wheels, wide tires...the guy in the yellow is closer to stock ,exhaust and K&N...stock rubber and no superchip...both are 5mt....thay ask about mine...i tell them ((see sig.300hp/250lb.ft))what i have and tell them HP/lb ft numbers...i say 260 stock ...they both say thats what we are...which i know ...I say but you guys have alot more torque...im only 232.(stock)..but...i have a 7.1K rpm fuel cut...then i ask if they wanna catch a light...the guy in the red gt says ya ,his friend says he'll watch...welp he beat me good... got me off the line... those wide tires... and i spun way too much......we only caught that one, and he turned off....meanwhile his friend the one in the yellow...the one i originally was after, ran with me a couple times...we caught a light...both spun too much, but not super bad...and i had him...half a car...i heard his shift into second with a strong chirp, than came mine...it too was a resounding BARK...now ive got an entire car on him and am still pulling away...100+ and we shut it down.....now heres the funny part...this redkneck in a bronco gets between us...He looks like he just had the best time of his life...he's yellin' hoopin and hollarin'"""WHOOO HOO HOO you packed his $hit dude !!!you fucked him up good...than he's yellin over to my new friend in the GT.. get a real car man!!! he packed your $hit...then he goes what an ACURA???? a god damn honda ...god damn that's a 6 cyclinder he was jumpin up and down in his seat couldnt hardly control him self.... i was tring to be cool...I got beside my friend again, asked where his freind made off too???? he said he bolted... i yelled over i'll catch you around... he was cool...had a russian accent ...only about 25 or so....man that was fun ...so kiddies...5mt GT's can be had especially if... like our selves they are wearing shitty stock rubber ...this was a message i told over at my home board...not flaming anyone...just really enjoyed a really good run...
299$ lowered 1.0/1.25
999$ headers 30 whp

look on there face...pricless
PB 1/4 13.794@101.54

Last edited by typeR; 12-04-2001 at 07:51 PM..
typeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 08:09 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Good kill...
Although personally I think its pretty sad that the Mustang hasn't kept up with the "horsepower" wars the last few years... Hence Acura sedans keeping up with and sometimes beating stock stangs...

Luckily, I think Ford has awakened to the shortfall....

The engine choices for the 2003, and to a greater extent the 2004 dew-lite stangs will be much more diverse and deliver much more punch... (and hopefully a lighter frame)

Thank goodness for the huge aftermarket choices for the Stang...
Its kept us at least respectable when compared to Camaros\Trans Ams the last few years...

Actually, I had a CL-S rev on me a few weeks ago...
"Yes, Acura boy... I'm just a lowly slow 98 GT...The slowest V8 stang in 10 years.... I'm no chall..."
GREEN!

I'm sure he checks for that "whistling" sound now...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 08:39 PM   #3
typeR
Registered Member

Quote:
Actually, I had a CL-S rev on me a few weeks ago...
I'm sure he checks for that "whistling" sound now... LMAO
299$ lowered 1.0/1.25
999$ headers 30 whp

PB 1/4 13.794@101.54
Old 12-04-2001, 09:44 PM   #4
Rev
Registered Member

What does the CL-S do in 1/4 mile? I guess I'll need to keep an eye out for these.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 10:42 PM   #5
typeR
Registered Member

14.8 's or so stock..
299$ lowered 1.0/1.25
999$ headers 30 whp

PB 1/4 13.794@101.54
Old 12-04-2001, 11:16 PM   #6
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Thumbs up

Thank God you don't have that annoying "Ricer" attitude. For the record, I see nothing wrong with making a car to suit your needs/wants. Not flaming or anything, cool?

I had to read you sig a few times before I actually replied to your post. I thought for a second that you were listing your mods or something and was going to give you a hard time, but I's gots it now!

Welcome to the board. Hope you stick around for a while. Glad to have you.

Later.