MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   A couple stangs and a diesel truck (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=24644)

sedanman 06-04-2002 12:48 AM

A couple stangs and a diesel truck

I went to the local street races on sat. night, I showed up early and there were only about 4 cars in the parking lot, so I jumped out and aired down the tires on the stang to 20psi. After I air them down I run inside to get a drink and I come back out and a couple kids are talking to my friend about my stang. He won't tell them anything it has done, they ask me and I tell them its not stock but its still a factory 302 short block, the kid ask if I have a CAI, I said yes :D He says he has a 93 LX coupe with 3.73's, full exhaust, and some other little mod and ask if I wanted to race, I said if you want but you probably shouldn't. So he backs down for now and the night goes on evently the crowd works up to about 50+ cars. Well the kid asked me what I had done I would not tell him, so he says if I beat you can I see your motor I replied yes he hesitated then asked for the race, I said ok. So we go out to run and go first from a 20 roll I pull about 10 or so cars by 100+. He and a diesel truck cummins dodge (550hp 1350 tq at the tires/ with 19" rims and street tires). We go from a stop and the coupe takes the jump by the top of first I had a car on both of them (gotta love DR's) by the top of third I had several cars on both of them.

On the way back from this race a blue early 90's notch with fats and skinneys and cowl hood pulls up beside me and wants to go (I have wanted to race this car for a while 347 H/C/I it had avenger heads, I think they are made by brodix ??) we go from mid second with him having the jump by mid third I had over a car on him. I was pumped about this one, he had been talking big about this car, but its funny the talk ended after this run :D

Now this is the screwy one. We then went out cuising around and came across a 750 Katana, I don't usually try to race bikes but I knew tha Katana was the slowest crouch rocket so I figured I would give it a wirl (I thought at first it was a 600 not a 750). Well we cruise down to where we race side by side than he nails it, I was not ready and had to drop to second from third, he pulled about a car or two on me than I stopped his pull :eek: and began to pull at the top of third and start of fourth!! We get to the next light and he says "nice try" I said lets go again with a fair start this time and he says no! I don't know if this guy could not drive or if his bike is that slow, I was supriesed that I began to pull him like that, my friend in the passenger seat about ****.

All in all it was a fun night.

Dark_5.0 06-04-2002 12:17 PM

Sounds like fun......That is exactly the reason that I dont get my stang street legal, cause I know that I would be at the street races every night.

Sounds like your car runs strong,
Nice kills.
Later,

Aquaman 06-05-2002 09:17 AM

Re: A couple stangs and a diesel truck

Quote:

Originally posted by sedanman
and a diesel truck cummins dodge (550hp 1350 tq at the tires/ with 19" rims and street tires). We go from a stop and the coupe takes the jump by the top of first I had a car on both of them (gotta love DR's) by the top of third I had several cars on both of them.

On the way back from this race a blue early 90's notch with fats and skinneys and cowl hood pulls up beside me and wants to go (I have wanted to race this car for a while 347 H/C/I it had avenger heads, I think they are made by brodix ??) we go from mid second with him having the jump by mid third I had over a car on him. I was pumped about this one, he had been talking big about this car, but its funny the talk ended after this run :D

Thats cool Bud. It's amazing the power that those trucks can put out with 45psi of boost:eek: I raced him that night as well. Glad you beat that Blue Mustang with all that he's done thats very cool. Nice driving on your part I'm sure:)

302 LX Eric 06-05-2002 10:47 AM

I wonder what was wrong with the 347? Motor or driver, or both! :D

FYI - Avenger heads a.k.a. Canfield.

E

Smokedawg 06-05-2002 11:17 AM

Guess I will have to meet you guys up there in a couple months when my car is done...

EZRIDN 06-06-2002 08:00 PM

You got that thing running real good man. Its fun to run cool people on the street and track. I wish you were here to run it WEEKLY all year around :D

That truck sounds MEAN!

rbatson 06-06-2002 09:14 PM

Man, I raced a yzf750 from a roll and actually passed him:). That is a great feeling running with a bike, it surprised me and him. His buddies pulled up and looked the car over and I was ready to run and one just gave me the thumbs up and they didn't try me for the next 1.5 miles(when I turned off). What a rush!!

sedanman 06-06-2002 11:38 PM

yeah its a weird feeling pulling a bike going down the road. I am to the point I can only pull slow bikes but in due time I will be pulling serious crouch rockets down the road.