MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-04-2002, 12:48 AM   #1
sedanman
Registered Member

Default A couple stangs and a diesel truck

I went to the local street races on sat. night, I showed up early and there were only about 4 cars in the parking lot, so I jumped out and aired down the tires on the stang to 20psi. After I air them down I run inside to get a drink and I come back out and a couple kids are talking to my friend about my stang. He won't tell them anything it has done, they ask me and I tell them its not stock but its still a factory 302 short block, the kid ask if I have a CAI, I said yes He says he has a 93 LX coupe with 3.73's, full exhaust, and some other little mod and ask if I wanted to race, I said if you want but you probably shouldn't. So he backs down for now and the night goes on evently the crowd works up to about 50+ cars. Well the kid asked me what I had done I would not tell him, so he says if I beat you can I see your motor I replied yes he hesitated then asked for the race, I said ok. So we go out to run and go first from a 20 roll I pull about 10 or so cars by 100+. He and a diesel truck cummins dodge (550hp 1350 tq at the tires/ with 19" rims and street tires). We go from a stop and the coupe takes the jump by the top of first I had a car on both of them (gotta love DR's) by the top of third I had several cars on both of them.

On the way back from this race a blue early 90's notch with fats and skinneys and cowl hood pulls up beside me and wants to go (I have wanted to race this car for a while 347 H/C/I it had avenger heads, I think they are made by brodix ??) we go from mid second with him having the jump by mid third I had over a car on him. I was pumped about this one, he had been talking big about this car, but its funny the talk ended after this run

Now this is the screwy one. We then went out cuising around and came across a 750 Katana, I don't usually try to race bikes but I knew tha Katana was the slowest crouch rocket so I figured I would give it a wirl (I thought at first it was a 600 not a 750). Well we cruise down to where we race side by side than he nails it, I was not ready and had to drop to second from third, he pulled about a car or two on me than I stopped his pull and began to pull at the top of third and start of fourth!! We get to the next light and he says "nice try" I said lets go again with a fair start this time and he says no! I don't know if this guy could not drive or if his bike is that slow, I was supriesed that I began to pull him like that, my friend in the passenger seat about ****.

All in all it was a fun night.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.

Last edited by sedanman; 06-04-2002 at 01:36 AM..
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 12:17 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Sounds like fun......That is exactly the reason that I dont get my stang street legal, cause I know that I would be at the street races every night.

Sounds like your car runs strong,
Nice kills.
Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 09:17 AM   #3
Aquaman
Registered Member

Default Re: A couple stangs and a diesel truck

Quote:
Originally posted by sedanman
and a diesel truck cummins dodge (550hp 1350 tq at the tires/ with 19" rims and street tires). We go from a stop and the coupe takes the jump by the top of first I had a car on both of them (gotta love DR's) by the top of third I had several cars on both of them.

On the way back from this race a blue early 90's notch with fats and skinneys and cowl hood pulls up beside me and wants to go (I have wanted to race this car for a while 347 H/C/I it had avenger heads, I think they are made by brodix ??) we go from mid second with him having the jump by mid third I had over a car on him. I was pumped about this one, he had been talking big about this car, but its funny the talk ended after this run

Thats cool Bud. It's amazing the power that those trucks can put out with 45psi of boost I raced him that night as well. Glad you beat that Blue Mustang with all that he's done thats very cool. Nice driving on your part I'm sure
Old 06-05-2002, 10:47 AM   #4
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

I wonder what was wrong with the 347? Motor or driver, or both!

FYI - Avenger heads a.k.a. Canfield.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 11:17 AM   #5
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Guess I will have to meet you guys up there in a couple months when my car is done...

1995 Chevy S-10
406 SBC, Dual tunnel ram, Dart heads, Nitrous, full tub, 4-link, adjustable drag shocks, coil-overs, 9in rearend, 4.56 gears...etc
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 08:00 PM   #6
EZRIDN
Registered Member

You got that thing running real good man. Its fun to run cool people on the street and track. I wish you were here to run it WEEKLY all year around

That truck sounds MEAN!

'87 GT..5 spd...Stock...14.4 @ 97 SOLD

'90 GT Conv. A4 Cream Puff...14.6 @ 94 SOLD

'99 Z28..A4..Stock stall, no tuning, all motor, full weight 11.92 @ 117.95 SOLD

'03 Centennal Edition GT 5 spd. 1 of 620 5 spd coupes made.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm

Stock.....
13.89 @ 99.03

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 09:14 PM   #7
rbatson

Man, I raced a yzf750 from a roll and actually passed him. That is a great feeling running with a bike, it surprised me and him. His buddies pulled up and looked the car over and I was ready to run and one just gave me the thumbs up and they didn't try me for the next 1.5 miles(when I turned off). What a rush!!
Old 06-06-2002, 11:38 PM   #8
sedanman
Registered Member

yeah its a weird feeling pulling a bike going down the road. I am to the point I can only pull slow bikes but in due time I will be pulling serious crouch rockets down the road.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: