MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-05-2001, 02:25 AM   #1
FordFasteR
Registered Member

Thumbs down Crushed an M6 LT1 that had some slicks on !!!

too bad folks, this is the same guy i beat this weekend, he has an LT1 with your basic bolt-ons and a 6 speed (m6)with a racing clutch...

well, tonite we go out , and he's wearing some MT slicks !!!! the road is slippery as hell, it prooved to be fatal, because i beat him by 1/2 a car length in front of everybody

it was a good kill... also, earlier on tonite, some rice boy challanged me with his 2nd gen RX7 turbo... and i put 6 cars on him easy.

all of this on my Pep Boys FUTURA ultra Z tires at 25 psi. and ON MOTOR.

thats right. NO NITROUS.

Ford !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FordFasteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 09:11 AM   #2
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

I think I need to move down to Florida. It seems like you get races everyday! Good Kills

------------------
91 GT AOD: 14.71@91.78mph
SOLD!!
01 GT 5-speed on order:
Build Date: 08/27/01
Delivery: 09/03/01!!!!

Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 09:35 AM   #3
FordFasteR
Registered Member

Red face

It's True, It's True !!!

The thing is, that down here in FLA, the street racing scene is much more organized.

and there are HUNDREDS of car clubs and groups everywhere, so, people get out a lot more, and there is a large variety of racing going on.

FORD !
Old 09-05-2001, 10:11 AM   #4
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

My little sister just started her freshman year at Miami. She has been telling me about all of the cars and races that go on down there. Maybe I'll take the stang and visit her sometime over the winter.

------------------
SOLD!!
01 GT 5-speed on order:
Build Date: 08/27/01
Delivery: 09/03/01!!!!

Old 09-05-2001, 11:08 AM   #5
FordFasteR
Registered Member

Awesome dude !!!

let me tell you, with that 4.6L , you need to get some work going for it to move, i would suggest a nitrous kit that is specifically made for the 4.6l modulars... they seem to work really well and can put you into the 12's with just a few other bolt-ons... without something like mid 13's, its gonna be hard to compete on the street down here, unless you wanna race ricers all day ! hehehe

but right out of the dealer, get rid of the silencer and put a K&N panel filter, get rid of the screen in the MAF meter (if it has one) then, swap out the mufflers for some 2 chamber flowmasters and also get some O2 simulators and then gut-out your cats

POWER !!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2001, 11:50 AM   #6
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Yea...I was planning on having to run mid to high 12's to compete with the Florida scene. Those times will come...It just takes $$ (which I don't have right now ). I hope to run easy 13's with my first couple of mods...

4.30's
Tri-Ax
Pulleys
Timing Adjuster
Nitto DR's

I should have these couple little things done in the next few months. I just want a 13 second timeslip before I store it away for winter.

------------------
SOLD!!
01 GT 5-speed on order:
Released from Plant, awaiting convoy to dealer
Old 09-05-2001, 12:49 PM   #7
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Thats strange he ran just the same with slicks on and with out... He must not have known how to launch or to heat them up.

You gotta get to the track and get us some times.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 80 shot of N20.
12.54@107.4 Motor
332RWHP, 350rwtq
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 02:58 PM   #8
FordFasteR
Registered Member

Red face

Wait a minute Skyman, he knows how to drive, and he warmed those suckers up for half a damn block !!!! burned them straight to hell, had the pressure down to 14 psi in those things... here is the problem that the average guy doesnt realize, slicks dont hook as well on a cold street, at nite, with dew all over it no matter HOW HOT they are !!!

i have a set of hoosier slicks for sale just for this reason, it cost me over $700 for welds and hoosiers to figure that one out, it cost him just over a crapload of $$ for the micky's and whatever rims he had and they didnt work for him on the street, he is known for being one of the more skillfull drivers out here. He is now selling his slicks and going to some higher quality street tires, perhaps some Drag radials.

by the way, he did run faster than before with the slicks, because this time, i only beat him by 1/2 a car, and last time, i got him by about 2 car lengths...

FORD !!!!
Old 09-05-2001, 06:02 PM   #9
SlowStang2
Registered Member

Ya know Im in South Florida and I never see clubs like that except for old men clubs showing off old fast cars they dont "use." Where is Hallendale? I wanna come participate

------------------
94' Stang GT Convertible --Cobra upper&lower, GT-40Y Turbo Swirl aluminum heads, Mac cold air w/K&N, BBK equal length shorties, BBK offroad H-pipe, American Thunder cat-back, BBK T/B 65mm, 24lb injectors, Pro-77mm MAM, pulleys, aluminum driveshaft, 3.55s, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, adjustable fuel regulator 14.4@100 MPH on G-tech;96 at track. (Sad, i know. This is with the stock heads)
SlowStang2 is offline   Reply With Quote