MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2001, 04:22 PM   #1
stangman27
Registered Member

Angry damn cop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the other night i was driving the meet my friends somewhere i wasn't in a hurry so i wasn't going that much over the speed limit at a stop light i notice a cop right behind me i am like i bet he is going to pull me over for something i didn't do so we start driving stop at 2 more lights he is still behind me the last stop light was on an incline so u have to give it more gas when u r letting out the clutch so i didn't roll back i pull through the intersection into another city and the cop flips on his lights so i pull over i am polite and everything and he goes do u know what i pulled u over for and i am like no what ?? he says my mufflers are putting out to much noise ( i wanted to say well u know what that can't be because i don't have any) as he is walking back to his car the check my insurence and stuff but as he was walking away he goes and u where also speeding way back there doing 53 in a 35 then turns back around and goes to his car 2 other cops pull behind him so i am like what the **** i didn't do anything and i have never even been pulled over before so i know there is nothing on my record he comes back and goes here u go hands me a speeding ticket and a written warning for my mufflers i was pissed then he walks away i know i wasn't speeding because there is a nasty set of railroad tracks right were he said i was speeding plus there were cars in front of me. Do u guys think i should fight this or just pay the ticket because if i fight it it will cause trouble and i drive through that city everyday so then he will get me for every little thing i do

------------------
89 GT 5.0 k&n, ram air,65MM t-body ,65MM mass air sensor, 65MM EGR spacer, Hurst shifter short throw, straight pipes and 3:55 gears. MAC headers, Frame Connectors,
NOS 75-150 shot
Old 01-15-2001, 06:29 PM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

That's bull! If you really don't think you were speeding, you should definitely fight it. I don't know what the law is where you live, but in Cali, the cop has to have gotten you on radar in order to give you a ticket. Did the cop show you the 53mph displayed in his gun? As far as the muffler thing, I'd just take that one, as it was just a warning. Good luck if you decide to fight it.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
Old 01-15-2001, 06:35 PM   #3
teal93LX
Registered Member

take it to a ticket lawyer..most of 'em will take care of it for like $100 (and i'm sure the ticket is for more than that, or close) usually they have a no point gaurantee too.
i.e. if you get points on your license you get your $ back
i have taken two tickets to a local "ticket defense team" and they both have gotten thrown out!
including paying $79 for one that was a $162 fine!!

that's my advice..lawyers are good for something after all

------------------
stock aod (only mod is the .38 with hollows on the passenger seat for the jackers) waiting for relatives to die for money for mods...
Old 01-16-2001, 03:05 PM   #4
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Moved to Blue Oval Lounge

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car

[This message has been edited by Kevin Price (edited 01-16-2001).]
Closed Thread