MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-21-2002, 12:57 AM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Angry Damn Thieves 2 !!!!! >:<

OK DAMMIT.....NOW IM PISSED! I got back to town yesterday from an overnight trip and went to do some shopping....I came out to my car and it looked 'funny'. WELL.....some m.f'er STOLE MY SIDESCOOPS OFF OF MY CAR!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo pi$$ed!!!! All that was left was the goop from the tape! Took me almost and hour and a half to get all that crap off of my car today!
I've got less than 2 weeks now to get some new scoops and get them painted and put on!!!!!! THIS will be my 3rd frigin' set!!!!! ugggghhhhh!!!!!!!
WTF is wrong w/ people? I dont understand, how someone can rip something off of someones car like that in the middle of the damn day and get away w/ it????????

Just makes me wish even more I had the $$$ to buy another car for a daily driver...if my house problems and taxes hadn't eaten my lunch so frigin' bad, I might could have got me a beater!!!!! ugggghhhh!!!!!! TORMENTED IN TEXAS

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 01:04 AM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

oh god christine, how ignorant are scum like that, they need to be shot, im so sorry to hear this uuuuggghhhh , it makes you want to hook up 440 volt's to your car after you get out, so sorry to hear it it's the sad state of our country anymore, i know there isnt much chance , but i hope you can find the a--hole's

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 01:21 AM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

TNT, i know you had some kinda custom side scoop's, let me ask a guy i work with, his nephew work's at a ford dealership & get's take off part's cheap i will ask monday & see what i can do - ok at least till you get what you had back, i will ship them to you if he can get them, if not i know where a lot of junkyard's are around me, let me know.

R H C- member # 1
Old 04-21-2002, 01:28 AM   #4
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking thanks!

hey Marty!
Actually it was just the side scoops on the rear 1/4 panel over my vent to the back wheel. NOT my Sideskirts(thank GOD!) I think I still have one left when I lost one, but you cant order them separate. Gotta get both...
I will probably go ahead and order them in the am and get them to the body shop asap after i get them,im pressed for time. THANKS SO MUCH for you offer though!!!!!!! I really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just more frigin' $$$$$$ and aggravation!
Take it easy! TNT

Old 04-21-2002, 01:41 AM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

sorry to hear it though christine, odie wonder's why im so whacky about where i park & where i go , i hate people that steal , it's sickning, well good luck , but that really suck's.

R H C- member # 1
Old 04-21-2002, 02:26 AM   #6
VorteX
Registered Member

Default Ouch

That sux... I walked out of school one day to find 2 bolts laying behind my car, Looked underneath my back skirt and all the bolts were missing and a metal support plate had a bend in it.
Nothing hard to fix, but it shows that some thieves don't know what the **** there doing...
Old 04-21-2002, 02:27 AM   #7
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Grrr they should have their ******* hands cut off.
Old 04-21-2002, 08:47 AM   #8
gt lee

Dang Christine, if it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any...sounds like me...man that really sucks, every time you get something going for you it gets f***** up...this crap is getting old yu can't do or go anywhere anymore without a bunch of thieves knocking at you door...Wish you could find the b******* and rip there eyes out....I'm pi**ed for you...take care and try and keep your humor going, seems thats what keeps you going and going, and going....Odie
Old 04-21-2002, 01:07 PM   #9
01silverstreak

These people have problems they steal just to see what they can get away with. I went to blockbuster for ten minutes friday night and come back to my car the find someone took two of my factory value stem caps!!!WTF. Why would anyone steal value stem caps??????Mabye some ricer thought it would add some horsepower because they are colored the light blue! Im gonna check some rice message boards to see if thats their newest performance mod.

2001 CIVIC DX:
Mods: BMW fender=20 HP
Lexus badge=10 hp plus $10,000 add value to vechicle
Camaro steel wheels =5 hp for the front two 10hp with the hubcaps
Eclipse SPYDER badge=no hp but looks cool
Corvette lug nuts=40 hp
Viper badges=35hp
Mustang valve stem caps=20hp standard black color 40hp blue color 65hp when combined with camaro steel wheels and hubcaps
Old 04-21-2002, 01:47 PM   #10
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I just can't think of a good enough penalty for people who do that kind of ****.

Obviously paying for the repairs, but there needs to be something else done to them. Maybe 500 hours of community service. 10 hours a week. And a fine equal to the cost of the damages done.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 02:04 PM   #11
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb The mind of a thief

Topless:

Sorry to read that your 'Stang was the victim of a theft - side scoops of all things!

I believe that people steal this stuff for a variety of reasons; some are just dumb kids trying to have a cheap thrill by stealing, some are actually stealing because they want what you have for their car but the underlying reason - aside from plain spite - is that we no longer hold anyone responsible for their actions anymore and everyone is seen as a 'victim' of some sort.

Sure, we'll arrest a thief if we catch him but he'll have to be arrested 6 or 7 times before he goes to jail, and then, only for a brief stay.

His lawyer (paid for by taxpayers) will tell the judge the thief was 'abused as a child' (even if he's 40) and in some way a victim of something or other; race, poverty, bad haircuts, whatever. In effect saying that It's not his fault.

Not only does the judge wholeheartedly believe this nonsense, but the thief begins to believe it himself and eventually he decides that he 'deserves' to have what you have - by stealing it. He (naturally) buys the liberal political philosophy that those who aquire nice things are 'lucky' and don't 'deserve' them, so stealing them is quite justified now. The 'Robin Hood' myth brought to life and turned on it's head.

Of course this is all a subtext for criminal activity but I believe it's become quite popular. Personal morality is pretty much gone and with it, personal responsibility. Former President Bill Clinton was a poster boy for this kind of relative moral, ethical behavior and he's still praised by many today as a great President. I disagree but the point is that when you're allowed to blame others - 'society' - for every personal failure and every crime you may commit, it's a short leap to assuming that the world 'owes you' and stealing is just 'taking back' what you now believe should have been yours, anyway. It's more than simple greed, it's a sense of entitlement - 'You Owe Me'.

I know, it may sound like over-analyzing and it's easier to simply curse and call the thief names but after we've done that it's not a bad idea to see where we may have went wrong and how we got to the state where you can't park a nice car without having something vandalized or ripped off, as many here have experienced, unfortunately.

Just a thought to consider.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 02:44 PM   #12
langley
Registered Member

I know how ya feel,my car has been broken into 4 times,hit three times and all in the last 8months,it makes you feel so much anger cause someone was jealous and decided to take what they are jealous of,and then you have to drive around with your car looking half-assed,and the whole time you are driving it around half assed you are thinking people are looking at your car saying what a piece of sh*t,that crap bugs they **** out of me[sorry if this doesn't make any scence]
1990 lx coupe-AOD,15inch drag lites,3inch cowl hood,blue with blue ghost flames,Autometer monster tach,oil pressure and water temp sport comp guages,polished stock valve covers,MSD blaster coil,Ford motorsport underdrive pulleys,Johnson strut tower brace,Johnson G-load brace,hooker super comp headers,2-chamber flowmaster and flowmaster h-pipe 2 1/2,4:10 richmond gears,B&M stage 2 shift kit,bbk 70mm throttle body,73mm mas air sensor,holley systemax 2 intake,bbk cold air intake[fenderwell],frpp wires,crane 1.7 gold roleer rockers,crane e303 cam,hight flow water pump,heavy duty 4 core rad
langley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 12:52 AM   #13
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Angry still gotta order!

Well, I found my reciept for the scoops and where I got them. I forgot I paid almost $100 for them(tax and shipping)! ugggh! This will be the third set i have bought! But, I like my car w/ them!
DANGIT! I guess I'll call in the morning.

MR.5.0....very intersting way of looking at it! And I agree w/ alot of what you say. I never thought that way about it, i'm just looking at myself and how ticked off I am!

and Langley, yeah, I keep thinking everyone is looking at my car and saying....'GEE, THAT LOOKS SOOOO LAME!!!!'.. My car feels naked, I'm sure!

BTW: I survived my first day of my lawn! It is def. an ALL DAY THING to mow/edge/weedeat my yard!!!!!!!! My other house wasnt this bad! But even w/ as bad as I butchered it w/ the edger(never used one or a weedeater b4) it still looks better than it did!!! TNT

Old 04-22-2002, 05:13 PM   #14
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

OOOHhhh trust me girl I feel your pain