MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-21-2002, 10:50 AM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Damn kids!

I was cruising the drag last night listening to some tunes. I really wasnt even looking for a race (yeah right). I pull up to a light and this silver LS-1 Trans-Am pulled up and was revving so of course I revved back. The light went green and I launched, I looked in my rearview mirror and all I could see was a cloud of smoke. He lit up his tires so bad on the launch he barely moved.

Then at the next light we line up again. The light went green and I took him off the line by 4 cars at least so I let off. He roared by me and hit 2nd gear and fish tailed violently and almost lost it.

About 10 minutes later we were side by side going about 30 and he wanted to go from a roll. I didnt want to encourage this mental midget to race anymore cause he was an awful driver. So I turned off to talk to some friends.

Later that night I seen the guy in the Trans -Am at Burger king I was shocked to see he was about 16 or 17 years old. He was bragging about how he had a 12 second car. He said his dad had bought it in Dallas. and it ran 12.5's all day.

You could look at this kid and tell he was sharp as a marble. I mean this was a stupid and obnoxious kid. I cant understand why someone would buy this kid a 12 second car. After I heard his car idling when he left I knew it was modded for sure it loped pretty bad.

I left and told everyone I knew not to race this kid cause he doesnt know how to drive that car and its just a matter of time before he loses it and wrecks.

I hope his parents like his Silver 12 second casket.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 03:24 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

The money down here in Dallas is sickening...

Was looking at Escape SUVs last year. While we were talking to the sale guy, a dude in his 40s and his teenage son come out of the building and walk up to a brand new Saleen Supercharged 281. Their sales guy shakes the hand of the kid and says congratulations as he stands by his new 50 thousand dollar car.

My salesman pipes up and says "Bet you wish you had one of those..."

I raised my voice so the kid could hear.. "One of those? Hell no. Overpriced and too slow. My GT could kick its ***..."

You should've seen the looks....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 10:03 PM   #3
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
My salesman pipes up and says "Bet you wish you had one of those..."

I raised my voice so the kid could hear.. "One of those? Hell no. Overpriced and too slow. My GT could kick its ***..."

You should've seen the looks....
You're evil......I like that

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 10:13 PM   #4
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Ok.....Josh is about to go on a rant

If your parents buy you a nice, expensive, fast car. Good for you, props to you. I wish my parents could afford to do that. As long as you have respect for the car and what is can do, I have no problems with stuff like this at all.

I DO however have a very big problem with parents who's kids are spoiled and who have absolutly NO respect for what they have. They smash a car up and mommy and daddy have them a new one in 2 days. They beat the hell out of their cars then complain because they break. They are dangerous. Example.....one of my fience's friends is from a wealth family. She has a 5 series BMW. She's sweet, but she needs her license taken away. I rode with her from her house to Ashley's house. She got on the highway, in the RAIN, and floors it. 65mph speed limit......60-65-70-75-70-85-90. She sets the crusie control at 90!!!!. I'm like WTF....SLOW YOUR *** DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then one of her friend's pipes up.....you should have seen her on the way over here, she had it set of 98.........I almost died. Time bomb.

If some spoiled rich kid acting like a idiot takes my car out of the game.......I'm gonna take the cost of the GT out on his ***.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 09:10 AM   #5
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

The Trans-Am kid showed up at the street races last night. I didnt let him race at all

Yeah I know Im a bully
Old 12-23-2002, 11:11 AM   #6
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Thats what i wanted to hear from you...some LS1 kills...keep 'em coming.

'87 GT..5 spd...Stock...14.4 @ 97 SOLD

'90 GT Conv. A4 Cream Puff...14.6 @ 94 SOLD

'99 Z28..A4..Stock stall, no tuning, all motor, full weight 11.92 @ 117.95 SOLD

'03 Centennal Edition GT 5 spd. 1 of 620 5 spd coupes made.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm

Stock.....
13.89 @ 99.03

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 12:00 PM   #7
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EZRIDN
Thats what i wanted to hear from you...some LS1 kills...keep 'em coming.
Thanks, but I bet this kid is like 0-50 since he got the car.

Later,