MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Damn Rices (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=28733)

UntouchableOne707 09-10-2002 09:17 PM

Damn Rices

Dun get me wrong, I luv imports. But me and ma pops were making a run up the street the other day in his 2002 chrysler sebring. And some Prelude (Im guessing stock) pulled up on the side of us and then slowed down and revved the engine. I mean WTF? We were in a luxery car just driving. Well he cut us off and went in front of us so my dad got mad and switched lanes and sped up so we were on the side of him. He then gunned it and my dad did too and somehow we were like neck and neck and then we pulled like 2 cars ahead of him. Wtf is that? A prelude being beat by a sebring? Sebrings r shyt! I dun understand but the prelude got beat by a sebring. Must be pretty embarrassing. That couldn't have been the cars full potential could it? Thanks. Later

Shelby428cj 09-10-2002 09:26 PM

Yup I would think full potential!!! LOL good kill I guess your dad is at least cool enough to kick some ricer butt!!!! Maybe he needs to join the Rice Hater's Club!!!

See Ya,
Karen;)

*Steeda90GT* 09-11-2002 09:06 AM

You're acting as if your dad's Sebring beat a Cobra...lol, Prelude's are shyt. I kill my friend's new Prelude with my 3.5 DOHC Intrepid, Good kill though.

95mustanggt 09-11-2002 09:30 AM

Ricers suck and are slow.

The Deuce 09-13-2002 08:44 PM

that sebring isn't exactly slow. I mean its no match for a GT, but I've driven them and there are a LOT of cars that are slower than it. Especially when you push them right:D

*Steeda90GT* 09-16-2002 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Deuce
that sebring isn't exactly slow. I mean its no match for a GT, but I've driven them and there are a LOT of cars that are slower than it. Especially when you push them right:D
Sebrings are pretty quick. Preludes suck.

inferno 09-16-2002 05:10 PM

Either it was an older non vtec prelude or an idiot was behind the wheel....or both. Judging by his driving behavior, we can confirm one of them.

*Steeda90GT* 09-17-2002 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by inferno
Either it was an older non vtec prelude or an idiot was behind the wheel....or both. Judging by his driving behavior, we can confirm one of them.
My friend owns a VTEC Prelude and boy is it a DOG.

this is not cbring 10-01-2002 07:29 AM

the newer sebrings must be faster........

i had a 1996 sebring v6..........164 horses stock and i added intake/exhaust.........

and i sure as heck didn't beat any preludes........

a vtec prelude when driven right (which is kinda rare) with a few light mods ought to be able to run with a STOCK 1994 gt

*Steeda90GT* 10-01-2002 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by this is not cbring
the newer sebrings must be faster........

i had a 1996 sebring v6..........164 horses stock and i added intake/exhaust.........

and i sure as heck didn't beat any preludes........

a vtec prelude when driven right (which is kinda rare) with a few light mods ought to be able to run with a STOCK 1994 gt

Ehh, I dunno....I ran a 14.6@96mph with my stock 94. I have yet to see a Prelude break out of the 15s. Maybe the ones Ive been seeing have idiots behind the wheel. But I would say that if BOTH were driven to the extreme, the 94 would have the edge, especially in the top end...

this is not cbring 10-01-2002 08:47 AM

i know of a couple of preludes with no internal mods and no power-adders with some 14 second slips (14.8x, 14.9x).............granted i've seen far more 16 second preludes than 14 second preludes (as a rule, those tend to be kids, or people more concerned with show who just want to try their hand at the strip a time or 2)

as far as i'm concerned, someone who runs a 14.8 can run with someone who runs a 14.6........

also, not everyone runs 14.6 in their 94 stang