MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Did you know "5.0's ain't nothing" and "Mustangs aren't all that"??? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=27685)

mysweetlx 08-15-2002 01:27 PM

Did you know "5.0's ain't nothing" and "Mustangs aren't all that"???

Pretty damn funny.........one of my cars is a '02 Acura 3.2 TL. It's a very nice car, but a race car it's not. I sometimes check out the acura boards (www.acura-tl.com and www.acura-cl.com) just to see if there are any "free" mods (cause I sure the hell wouldn't spend $$$ on trying to make it something it wasn't :D ) and just to see what's new or coming out.

There were a few threads currently on the www.acura-cl.com board - one about one guy who raced a '99GT, a '97 Cobra and a 5.0 at once and took them all out w/ little to no problem.....and some of their quotes I mentioned in this thread title. I HAD to let them know how funny they were.....I was very entertained by their commical remarks. If you guys are feeling down and need a "pick me up", check the site out and look in their racing stories section. LMFAO. Some of them actually believed these stories........are people really that stupid? I guess so! :rolleyes:

The Deuce 08-15-2002 01:47 PM

I think I've heard of that story once before. From the way the guy told it, sounded to me like the Mustangs were racing each other, and he did a fly by when they were done.

There is a guy in my office who has been saying his CL is faster than my GT. I called him out on it in front of some co-workers, and he backed down, saying he "rechecked the stats" Dumbas.

Dark_5.0 08-15-2002 01:50 PM

Yeah...That story was posted here a while back, that guy is a moron.

I wouldnt even waist my gas!.......No offense

98SteedaGT 08-15-2002 03:18 PM

Here's the line to that post... Anyone want to join me in some Acura Bashing?.... no offense to the guy in here with the Acura... but it is very hard to believe that his bone stock auto CL-S beat all three Stangs at once...

This guy also claims to have killed 10 stangs so far, and his car runs high 14's low 15's...... Man is he FOS or what?

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=76041

95mustanggt 08-15-2002 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Deuce
There is a guy in my office who has been saying his CL is faster than my GT. I called him out on it in front of some co-workers, and he backed down, saying he "rechecked the stats" Dumbas.

LOL, freakin magazine racers...:rolleyes:

98SteedaGT 08-15-2002 03:29 PM

I am now known as MustangIsFaster on their board..

Geeez.... talk about slow...... this thing takes forever to load, damn even their website is slow..

This guy apparently lives in San Antonio, Tx... Any of you River Walk Stangs up for some Acura Hunting?

inferno 08-15-2002 03:33 PM

I could see a stock CL type S beating a stock pre 99 GT Mustang...that isn't too far fetched, but a base CL, I severely doubt....a CL type S might be able to hang with a 99+ auto vert as well, but a hardtop or 5 speed should beat it.

Dark_5.0 08-15-2002 03:50 PM

I have seen those acuras run at the track, They can hang with a 96 4.6L auto vert with a fat *** driver.

From what I have seen. High 15's........I know they are supposed to be faster than that but real world and mag racing are far from the same.

inferno 08-15-2002 04:08 PM

I am sure there are some idiots who can only manage a high 15 out of the CL type S, but I am sure that is not the norm...i've witnessed a couple run 14.8's and they are rated by Acura at the same I believe. 3500lbs, 260hp 232lb/ft of torque does not equal high 15's unless a retard is behind the wheel. I am sure they are capable of running faster than that, but it would take some good driving.

mysweetlx 08-15-2002 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 98SteedaGT
Here's the line to that post... Anyone want to join me in some Acura Bashing?.... no offense to the guy in here with the Acura... but it is very hard to believe that his bone stock auto CL-S beat all three Stangs at once...

This guy also claims to have killed 10 stangs so far, and his car runs high 14's low 15's...... Man is he FOS or what?

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=76041

No offense taken........I have it because I think it's a nice luxury car, not for it's "speed". I would never claim that I could take out a GT. Maybe we should be honored that they make up their "fantasy" race stories about beating Stangs....they never mention Camaros or vettes. :rolleyes:

Dark_5.0 08-15-2002 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by inferno
I am sure there are some idiots who can only manage a high 15 out of the CL type S, but I am sure that is not the norm...i've witnessed a couple run 14.8's and they are rated by Acura at the same I believe. 3500lbs, 260hp 232lb/ft of torque does not equal high 15's unless a retard is behind the wheel. I am sure they are capable of running faster than that, but it would take some good driving.
232 torque and 3500 lbs doesnt make for to good of a drag racing car.

BTW: I forgot to mention I am at 3000ft so mid 15's @sealevel I guess.

blue00gt 08-15-2002 05:15 PM

Yeah, the lack of torque coupled with front wheel drive and a high power band makes them slow off the line and kills their ET.

Drewkeen 08-15-2002 08:50 PM

i made a name too...wow, some funny stories there.

Drewkeen 08-15-2002 08:52 PM

LOL, i just realized why the story is there, read under the forum name, it says post fiction and non-fictiion stories here...

inferno 08-16-2002 02:32 PM

Actually, the CL Type S has a very wide powerband.....I agree that they aren't drag cars, but they are high 14 second cars.

Rev 08-16-2002 04:43 PM

I have a friend that bought a '96 GT vert 5 speed. It was about a year old when he got it. While bone stock and before any tune up (21,000 miles on it), it went 15.6 at the track. I bet a CL Type "S" could have beaten him easily if they were made then.

Now, with his Vortech and other mods he runs low 13's and can't even run at the track anymore because he doesn't have a roll cage.

Rev

inferno 08-16-2002 04:53 PM

They won't let him on the track without a cage and he is only running 13's?? I thought the limit on cages with convertables was 12.99 for a 4 pt and 11.99 for a 6 pt?

typeR 08-21-2002 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i think a modded cl-S is alittle faster than you guys think,we have a few going 14.3 in not so desireable weather and im looking at a new shorty here soon that should put me in the high 13's

Dark_5.0 08-21-2002 11:23 AM

Lets dont start talking weather I went 13.96 @5000ft in my cobra.

Now that is impressive. My best is a 13.8 @3000ft. I wish there was a sealevel track nearby I bet I could hit a 13.4 stock.

I will give the Acura's credit they are fast for an import and can beat some stangs. I raise the BS flag when they claim to beat 99+ stangs "stock"

typeR 08-21-2002 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dark_5.0
Lets dont start talking weather I went 13.96 @5000ft in my cobra.

Now that is impressive. My best is a 13.8 @3000ft. I wish there was a sealevel track nearby I bet I could hit a 13.4 stock.

I will give the Acura's credit they are fast for an import and can beat some stangs. I raise the BS flag when they claim to beat 99+ stangs "stock"

here's a scenerio, one are you sure these GT's are not an auto..starts to make it semi believable? and when does the race end?on a good launch i have been able to stay 1/2 a car ahead of a 99+GT to 70mph...but when i shift into 3rd he really starts to go away...alot of street races are over around 70....now that Ive added headers 24whp air intake 8 whp and pulleys (including crank) 10whp and most importantly, tires, i can hang with lightly modded GT's, i do lose sometimes ,and sometimes i win...the headers made the biggest difference not just the 24hp but the extension of the torque curve...13.4 sounds impressive at any altitude, and not knowing enough about the effects of altitude on 1/4times im maybe not as impressed as i should be...but ask yourself this...an all motor v6 going 14.3? i know you guys have had more than one guy come back from the track in his 99+ GT with a slower time than that in his manual v8...
its the sleeper aspect i find appealing, a mustang is supposed to be fast ...a dressed up accord running right beside you is what makes it fun....