MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-18-2002, 09:49 AM   #1
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Default Does intimidation count as a kill?

I have heard of 'Intimidation Kills' before, but not sure if they count. If they don't, don't read this.

I was driving home from work with some good music and in an all around good mood (tends to happen when I get in my Cobra). Pretty uneventful until I get stopped at a light a car back from a blue Probe with a wing, fart can, cute honey in the passenger seat and a dude with cool guy sun glasses, tank top and a ratty hat (these descriptions are from when I saw them later on in this story). Anyway, I guess he doesn't see me (you know, car back and all) and he's revving like he's gunna take off and being bada$$. Light turns green, and I think he gunned it.. not sure, those things arn't very fast. Sounded like he was winding out the gears by his exhaust though. I thought, 'I'm in such a good mood, and I really want to play....might as well get a ricer kill and top off my mood!' I eventually catch up to him and make it painfully obvious that I want to play a little.. I cut in front of him (but I didn't cut him off, just got infront). We get stopped, and I don't hear the revving. Green. I get up to speed to get infront of the car beside me.. this is it! The next light turns red and we're finally going to be side by side! Wait.... where is he? It turns out he was creeping up on me... very very slowly, as if he didn't want to race.. (duh?) . Eventually he gets beside me, due to the car behind him practically pushing him. I don't throw a rev cause I new he didn't want to race. I looked over, both were staring straight forward not a hint of looking at me.... Green. I don't launch and I shift at 3000rpm, seeing if he might just take off. No . Infact, he got off the line really slow, I guess making sure I don't think he wants to race.

I know it wasn't a race, but again, I have heard of 'Intimidation Kills' and I thought this a good example. He was all bad until I popped up and humbled him. (Don't worry, I have been humbled too, I don't think I'm invisible)

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 01:38 PM   #2
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Hahaha! Sometimes they are the funniest ones! Good job!
Lots more....
Best so far on ET Streets:
12.11 @ 117.7 Mph
1.84 60ft
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 03:18 AM   #3
stevstum
Registered Member

That happens to me all the time. I see a ricer or a car that racing around and I get to them and they chicken out. I think the sound of the flows scare people in these parts. My bro-in-law had an 83 crapmaro with flowmaster. He said that one day he was cruzing by and some honda boys that were tring to do burnouts. He stopped at the light and rev'd at them and they jumped when they heared him. They all had that look on thier faces like they they were constipated. He said he did a break stand and they all watched and went to there cars and left.

89 LX 5.0 5sp, Removed air silencer
Mac High Flow Air Filter
Motorcraft 8mm wires
Autolite platinum plugs
Mac O/R h-pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder
3:55 gears
Accel Super Coil (42,000)
75 mm Mass Air Meter
stevstum is offline   Reply With Quote