MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2003, 07:12 PM   #1
mustardjohn
Registered Member

Default Don't Know if this Qualifies

Don't know if this qualifies for this board or not but I'm happy. Coming back form Houston on old Hiway 90 and this guy in an Alero sprot coup is messing around with me and others speeding up slowing down all that crap. I catch him at a light where the road goes down to one lane in Libery I am in the left lane and beat him to where the right lane ends for the next 20 miles he is behind me running up and back. Its two lane and he cant' pass. Even in a little strech of four lane he can'tpass me. In Nome I know there is a light and the road goes back to four lanes with about a 10 mile strech of straight Souteast Texas four lane with no lights. He passes me in Nome but the light catches us and it perfect we are sitting there and its one of those lights that has a left turn signal before it goes to green. I take my little 3.8 out of automatic overdrive and wait.

Light turns and he chirps his wheels and leads me by about 1/2 car link. I am feeling bad. About 50 I start to gain by 70 Im' pulling ahead. By 85 I'm leading by car link and by 100 I'm leaving him behind good. Now I'm feeling a lot better. I let off and he passes looking real PO'd. I just let him go smoking on down the road. Point made

This ain't the big boys here but it made me happy. Looked up the spec on the Alero and the 3.8 has something on the Alero 3.4 but not too much ( ~170 HP @4800 vs 193 @5500 for 3.8. Makes feel a little more confident when I get the chance to match up with one of the lower end Monte Carlo SS's.

My MAC CAI came in today and I have and a muffler place picked out to install headers and a true dual exhaust with FlowMasters. Hope this helps me some.

Let me know if this qualifies. If so, I will post more
mustardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote