View Single Post
Old 08-15-2001, 05:32 PM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

LOL. This is rather interesting. In a perfect world, a "Mustang Dyno" would be better for tuning, maybe. But how do you figure it would be? I mean, think about it. How can having the max hp/torque availible under controlled conditions hurt you? The Mustang Dyno can pull in all the numbers it wants, it still can't change real hp production. If it doesn't read exactly the same as a dynojet for peak power/torque, it's messed up.

If you think somehow a "Mustang Dyno" gives the car a bigger workout I'd like to know how. The Dynojet will not cause "Kaboom." Otherwise they would be out of business.

Here is what my friend has seen with the "Superflo" dyno's for bikes, which offer changable parameters, unlike the Dynojets. The operator likes having customers, so he does a little tweak here, a little tweak there and wow, a stock bike is making 10hp more than it's supposed to. Add a pipe and a jet kit and it's performance really soars. The reason people go back is because they want to see the high numbers. Even if they aren't real.

I hate to bring up a fellow member here, but take a look at Skyman's car. He's trapping 106-107 with what a Mustang Dyno says is 330rwhp. That's over 400hp at the crank. With which, his car should trap more like 115 (which is what we think his car really should be trapping with his combo). Last time I talked to Skyler, he agree's that the Mustang Dyno was spoutin' bullshit.

Here's how I feel on the subject. If you want real numbers, run it on the Dynojet. If you want fake, made up numbers go for the Mustang Dyno.

As far as being out dated, maybe you should take a look at some of Dynojets new computers/software.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote