Thread: Drivers race
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2002, 12:24 PM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Thumbs up Drivers race

Last saturday at the test and tune the track was terrible they didnt spray any sticky stuff down and it was humid.

I was up against an 81 camaro with all kinds of mods and slicks. We both did a monster burnout in hopes of getting traction. We lined up and waited for the lights to fall I got a .589 reaction and he got a .583 with a .500 being perfect. We were side by side spinning bad, I was getting on and off the gas trying to hook and he was doing the same. He hooked a lil before I did and pulled a car on me I then slammed into 2nd gear and was gaining inch by inch. I power shifted 3rd gear and pulled even and then power shifted 4th and got him by a fraction of a tenth at the end.

This was the first time I ever powershifted, it was so close I just did not want to lose.

We both ran a crappy 14.6X @97mph but it was one of the funnest races that I have ever had. Regardless of what my car runs when I go to the track its always fun.

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote