View Single Post
Old 05-12-2002, 03:07 PM   #1
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Default Driving the car that beat me...

Well I got beat by a 89 White LX at the street races a few weeks ago I posted about. I gave him a car and the jump but he just had more power and kept pulling on me. It supposedly had a stock motor and just a cobra intake blah blah. It had full drag suspension and was pretty damn gutted.

Anyways friend of mine ends up buying it last week, so I took it for a drive and a good inspection in the daylight.

Fully ported Gt40's that were ground down and painted. Ported cobra intake 70mm TB, 1.7rockers on a B-303 cam, NO ACCESSORIES, REALLY GUTTED. No heater, no side impact bars, no power windows/locks, hatch etc. No door panels, nada.

I drove it and it hauls ***, definatly faster than my car. It pulls SO HARD TO 6250. It was still pulling hard. Is that how the B-Cam w/ 1.7's behaves? My E-cam falls off way earlier. Also the thing moved good down low in the rpms and idled awesome. It may have had a custom chip and it probably pulled so hard down low cuz its so damn light. But I liked the way the motor ran. I'll have to see how my E-cam does w/ 1.7 rockers now.

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote