MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-08-2001, 07:25 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Lightbulb Is the dry spell coming to an end?

I wasn't even gonna post this b/c I didn't think it was such a big deal, but tonight it happened again. Is the dry spell slipping away?

Last night, coming from Amoco, Grand National (very pretty) pulls out directly in front of me and a jet black, lowered Monte Carlo SS (80s style) pulls directly behind me. To make a long story short, I beat the GN (rolling @ ~30mph) and now it's the MC's turn. Beat him 3 times-- one from the light and two rolling (~45mph).
Then tonight, I'm sitting at stop light on hwy and this stinking Grand Prix ('95-97) pulls up next to me all aggressively and I see passenger and driver gazing at me-- I know it's on. When light changes they actually wanted some so I gave it to them and got a good shot of them in my rear view mirror. He does the ever-so-infamous loser flyby and so I get up behind him. We go at it again (i'm behind him this time). He's REALLY trying so very hard and I'm all over his butt (that sounds kinda gay, but you know what I mean) so this punk decides to hit the brakes. Stupid! Anyway, I get around him and open her up leaving him so fast that only the memory remains (like the Metallica song).
The only reason I'm even posting this is b/c I haven't even gotten a POTENTIAL race in the last few months (since all I've been doing is driving to and from work), yet in the last 2 days, I get three+ races). Man, I definately got to get my 3.55s installed before something scary comes along!

“…because, no one’s really gonna be free until nerd persecution ends.” ---Revenge of the Nerds

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe
8.8" Rear end w/ 2.73:1 gears (sucks!) (awaiting installation of 3.55s)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Sucky Purolator air filter that's choking my car.
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 09:47 PM   #2
FastBlkz28
Registered Member

Good kills I haven't raced anyone in awhile it like my races come in groups, then theres a dry spell.
What does your car runs it sounds nice?
Mark
FastBlkz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2001, 07:11 PM   #3
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Well, with bad traction and 2.73 gears, the car ran 14.5 (with the tires I have now). When I had 3.27s and 165/70/15 tires all the way around, I ran a best of 14.161 @ 97.14 (with 1/4 mile average of 14.2), while spinning halfway through first gear. If I can ever get the gears + tires together at the same time, (and some slight tuning) I have no doubt that it'll be good for at least 13.6 (this is a modest figure).

By the way, remember what I said about something scary coming along? Well, tonight I just got beat by a Corvette. I posted it as a new topic.

“…because, no one’s really gonna be free until nerd persecution ends.” ---Revenge of the Nerds

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe
8.8" Rear end w/ 2.73:1 gears (sucks!) (awaiting installation of 3.55s)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Sucky Purolator air filter that's choking my car.
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote