View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 07:00 PM   #1
Rev
Registered Member

Default Dyno numbers good (at least for me)

I went to a new shop here in Houston for DynoJet pulls. It was a high end shop that builds road racing Porsches. The shop is named Protechnic and I do recommend them. 5 pulls for $85.

My car dynoed at 280 @5700/293@4000. That's the best it's ever done. I had ditched my mechanical fan completely now having both a pusher and puller electric fans. I also got rid of the resonator exhaust tips that I was running. I suspected that they added some back pressure and that was correct. I now have only 1.5 psi back pressure when it used to be 3 psi.

Both these things apparently added 20-30 hp to the rear wheels. These are uncorrected numbers and they are on a different dyno from past dyno runs. They did dyno a new Dodge truck with a hemi in it soon after me. He dynoed 270 with the auto tranny. He has a factory rating of 345 hp. Also has a heavier tranny and differential and so probably less drivetrain efficiency.

Anyway, from that info, I figure I probably have around the same 345 hp that he has since I dynoed a little highrer. Just thought I would share.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote