MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-11-2002, 02:19 AM   #1
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Talking Eclipse geets schooled (long)

This incident happened to me a while back, but I thought it might make for some chuckles for you folks.
A while back (about 2 yrs ago), my buddy and I were making a beer run across the county line in Pinellas, Fl, to Tampa. For those who know the area, we were coming back from the 7-11 on the Hillsborough side of the line on Tampa rd. through Oldsmar. We were in my 93GT, 5 spd, VERY light mods *as far as I know* (straight pipes, K&N, and a mild cam by the previous owner and a FMS clutch but it comes on pretty hard after 3k).
Anyway, coming down 580 toward the Oldsmar bridge, I notice a pair of headlights in the rearview. Shortly thereafter I was the recipiant [sp?] of the infamous "Ricer Fly-By" from a white Eclipse, it was the second bodystyle, which I call the "teardrop" style, with a Supra wing on the back higher than the roof. He flew past us doing about 65-70.
I decided that this would not do, so I dropped to 3rd, and returned the favor, then went back to crusing nice 'n mellow. THE GUY DID AGAIN.
By this time we were into the Countryside area, and coming up on our left turn on C-side blvd. As we were coming up on the light, lo and behold, the light turned yellow!I decided to skip our turn, and pulled up next to him in the left lane.
When the light finally turned, I launched easy (very easy, no chirp), and at first I thought he wasnt going to bite, then I heard the turbo start to spool hard. I romped on it at once and ended chirping through second. By the time I hit 3rd, I had a good lead on him (I lost sight out of the corner of my eye quick, but I est he was about 2-3 lenghts behind by the end at about 60-70 mph), w/ my buddy turned around in the seat watching him.
Nick (who owns a 92LX, bone stock) summed the encounter up best when he turned around and looked at me and said " You know, if we had been in my car, that guy would have thought he was IN a race". we peeled off into C-side Mall, cut across, went back to the pad, and chilled the rest of the night with dreams of burned ricers dancing in our heads, LOL.
hope you liked,
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: