MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-04-2001, 12:20 AM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Red face This is embarassing!!

Yesterday, I was sitting at home waiting for the father in law to show up. He finally called me, and told me about his day in the GT. He was on this back road, when this 66 Cobra(kit car) came flying up on him and wanted to race him, I guess. Well, he took off and left the Cobra, as expected. However, he pressed it into a corner too hard and shreaded a tire. So, he pulled off the road and started to change it. The Cobra came by, stopped, the driver laughed at him, and did a burn out in front of him.
In his hurry to change the tire he did not notice that the spare was flat to begin with, and drove away on it for about 2 miles. He noticed this odd sound of grinding, and pulled over again. As he tried to get out of the car, the door locked up on him and he was forced to get out on the passenger side. Sure enough, the driver's door lock frizzed out. Great what next?
This is where he called me, I got in the hoopty van, drove out there, pumped up the tire with the bike pump, and as he was about to pull out, here came the Cobra, AGAIN!! He did the same thing, stopped and laughed, then did his burn out. That was enough for me and I waived for the Cobra to stop. He did, and I ran up to him and asked if he wanted to race. Even with a sour piston ring, and a flat, I was confident that I could take him. He said ok after ALOT of encouraging, and so I got in and strapped in, warmed up the tires, and waited for him to go. He launched and took an instant lead, for about 2 seconds. After I got out of first gear he was done for. I could have driven laps around him if I wanted to. I went through third and only his bumper was visible. So, I got out of the happy pedal, and drove home very conservativly. The car is now sitting in my driveway, with a doughnut tire, a door that won't open, and a slightly burnt ring. I think I'll stop doing that for awhile, the car doesn't like it.
Sorry this was long, but are people that arrogant?

------------------
1989 GT- Vortech blown 306, Anderson 3" power pipe, Vortech S-Trim 14# boost, MSD-6BTM, black wrinkle finish Cobra valve covers(woohoo), world class T-5, 3.55 gears, custom sub-frame connectors, Cobra grille insert and rear valance, Saleen "whale" wing, 4 wheel disc conversion, 11.1@124
1994 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph

[This message has been edited by bigwhitecobra (edited 02-04-2001).]
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 09:12 AM   #2
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

That is funny, and yes people are that arrogant!

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com
STORED: 1988 Mustang GT "Canadian Cobra", stock, AOD, loaded
WANT XENON HEADLIGHTS AND WHITE FACE GAUGES? $49!! Visit my site:
http://www.stangpower.com

88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 11:40 PM   #3
fastang
Registered Member

After you beat him you should have put on your hazards and drove real slow, not letting him past you just to rub it in. Then slow down and do a fat burnout right in front of him with the hazards still on while flipping him off.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 11:47 PM   #4
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Thumbs up

I probably would have if it wasn't a 4 lane road. Sad thing is, now the GT is sitting in the driveway with a toy tire on it, and the tires I want to buy will not be in for 2-3 weeks. Can I go that long with out driving the beast? Well, atleast I still have the Cobra.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: