MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-16-2001, 09:27 PM   #1
dashapht
Registered Member

Angry Help! Launching at 5000k RPM on ET Streets and it BOGS?@#$

I have the stuff in my combo, plus 26x8 ET Streets. this is the first time taking it to the strip with my new stuff, and i run an embarassing 9.24@77 on my ET Streets. The weather was about 70 degrees and 45% humidity.. great racing weather. I went two weeks before on my regular radials, and run a 9.02@81 in 80 degree heat with 70% humidity!@#$ I had to launch at 4 grand on radials to even get the tires to spin a little (if they dont spin, it bogs BAD.) Why does my car bog when I launch at 5k rpm on slicks? Are the Track Heat intake and the 70mm TB THAT big? Too much for my other stuff? I'm running 35psi fuel pressure with stock pump, and 16 degrees timing. Not enough fuel PSI? I couldn't make any other runs because the track was so crowded, but DAYUM. I got a better 60' time with the radials! Help!

------------------
93 Coupe, long tubes, pro chamber, flowmasters, 3.73, auburn, alum driveshft, subframes, tri-ax, pulley, 73mm MAF, cold air, TFS TW heads, stage 1 cam, track heat intake, 1.6 roller rockers, 24 lb injectors, mac 70mm throttle body, edelbrock water pump, be cool radiator. best ET of 8.73 @ 79.2 in 1/8th before heads, cam, intake, rr's, and tb.
dashapht is offline   Reply With Quote