MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-12-2001, 10:22 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Post Ever been in a race and not known it?

Well, It happened to me...

Was out cruisin' the other night with the windows down, ZZ Top blarin, and driving a bit too fast...

Was at a light jammin' out waiting for the green. It changed and I gave it about 3/4 throttle to get a little boost....

Even over my loud tunes I heard that crappy fart pipe noise. I looked over and saw this guy in a Civic a bit behind my bumper givin' it all he had....
WHAAAAAA....(shift) WHAAAAAAA.....(shift) WHAAAAA....

I didn't even downshift.... I just put the hammer down and waved bye bye....

Those crazy kids....

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
381.8 rwhp 377.6 rwtq

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:31 PM   #2
exgmguy
Registered Member

I get that from rednecks in loud pick-up trucks all the time....Kinda funny.
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 03:02 AM   #3
84stangLX

I had a friend with a loud '74 CHEVY 4x4 truck (typical hick) that he believed was incredibly fast. I remember one night he came up to me and was like "yeah, i totally wasted this convertible mustang with a girl driving, i was playing with her then i kicked her @ss". My friend who rode with him recognized the girl and told me who she was. All i could say was, "Dude....her car is a 4 cylinder automatic, if it was a 5.0 it woulda wasted you!". My friend that rode with him being the smartass he is then said, "well at least you actually beat someone this time." It was priceless.....this story really has nothing to do with the topic, but i thought i'd share anyways

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car
Old 07-13-2001, 07:58 AM   #4
Stang Runner
Registered Member

I raced a 88 Comaro with the 305 and I passed it at about 60 I thought they stop raceing but my friend was in the car and when I got home he call to tell me how bad I smoked him. It was when the car when into 3 that I just walk by

------------------
1988 LX 5.0 Was 3060lbs (full Tank) 14.65@101.3 On a Gtech Drivetrain: 3.55, World Class T-5, Lakewood Bellhousing, Adjustable Cluch Cable, AL Driveshaft, Manual Steering Rack Suspension: MAC Control Arms,Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Spings, Bilstein Shocks
Engine: Steal Mounts, K&N, Under Drive Pulles Exhaust: 1 5/8 Un-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\back Cooling:3 Core Radiator,
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 10:04 AM   #5
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Talking

I'm not going to say much here, bacause at 3/4 throttle you'd waste me too!

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 02:14 PM   #6
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

Talking

I was driving down the highway the other day doing about 60 mph, and i passed a newer maybe 98 mustang 6 cyl. just minding my own business when the next thing i know, the 6er is right on my *** . i'm like oh ok he wants to see what a 8 can really do to him. so i down shift from 4th to 2nd and jam the pedal, manualy shifting at 5500 to 3rd. i didn't even need to use 4th cause by then i was so far ahead of him.

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, custom interior, cobra R rims
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 03:26 PM   #7
84_GT350
Registered Member

How about when people don't even through revs at you from a light? They just try to burn out and expect you to do the same. A few weeks ago I was sitting at a light with my girlfriend just talking to her and didn't even noticed a riced out Acura pull up next to me. Light turned green and he *tried* to burn out so I figured "what the hell". I also gave it about 3/4 throttle after he had almost a car on me and I caught up to him by the end of second. I just pulled even with him, waved goodbye and floored it. Poor b@stard never saw it coming (I'm sure he heard it though).

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 04:31 PM   #8
dinomite
The Dude

i remember one of my first ricer encounters, i didn't have to use much throttle to beat that civic.....what stupid people.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 07:29 PM   #9
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

Talking

we got lucky today........me and my dad were out in my gt sitting at a light when this blue dodge ram pulls up....he started moving a head a little at a time...I new he wanted to race..we weren't paying much attention when the light turned and all we heard was the ram lite up the tires so my dad dumps the clutch and takes off leaving rubber through 1st and 2nd...just after we blew by the dodge we see the lights.....we pull off on a side street the cops walk up and he said "WUT WERE U THINKING"....sittin so low we couldn't see him sitting two cars back behind the van behind us..he let us go and just told us to slow down and he commented on the car...WE ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!!! pays to know some of the cops. it was my moms friend

JAMES

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
RAGE_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:16 PM   #10
Rev
Registered Member

Today on Beltway feeder here in Houston, I cruise up and down a little looking for a little action. Next to me at a light there are these two black teenage girls in a Cavalier convertible. They actually gassed it on the green. I gave about 1/4 throttle to get even with them. Then I let off ever so slightly so that they just barely nosed me at 70 mph. I hope that I made their day for them.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.

[This message has been edited by Rev (edited 07-15-2001).]
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:34 PM   #11
stevstum
Registered Member

I remember one night I was behind a pickup at a stop sign and the car in the right lane peeled out. Then the car in front of me peels out and went around the corner. So I did the same. Reved to about 2500 and droped the hammer. I swung the back end around and went around the turn. The car in front of me was going to Wallmart too. I got out of my car and the guy looked at me like raped his wife and walked into the store. Guess he was mad his car couldn't do anything else than squeal the tires.
stevstum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 09:00 PM   #12
Rev
Registered Member

Did you? The wife, I mean? LOL.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.

[This message has been edited by Rev (edited 07-15-2001).]
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 07:21 PM   #13
66 Racer
Registered Member

lol, i saw 2 rice rockets line up at a light late at night, one was an old acura, late 80's one, and a nice new toyota, im not sure what model, but it was small and looked like a little sportscar, simular size to a Z3. Well, they "pealed out" at the light while racing, and the acura was pulling ahead, the whole time im right on their butts, when a gap opened up, wasnt even that big, i change lanes and leave them both behind, i was laughing, i wish i had a friend in the car at the time, always funner with someone in the car.

l8er

------------------
Under Construction 66 Coupe
-289 V8 4 barrel Holley 600cfm carb - Headers - Flowmaster 2 1/2 dual exaust
66 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 07:24 PM   #14
66 Racer
Registered Member

forgot to mention this one... I was at a light, turned green and hit the throttle as usual at like 1/2 way, and i hear a little VW bug screaming next to me, turn and look and its a chick with a guy in the passanger side, i laugh, hit 2nd and leave them behine me, my cousin who was in the car looked back and said the guy was laughing his *** off, probably was the chicks b/f, too bad, she wasnt all that bad either.

------------------
Under Construction 66 Coupe
-289 V8 4 barrel Holley 600cfm carb - Headers - Flowmaster 2 1/2 dual exaust
66 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 03:03 PM   #15
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Talking

Had some kid in a Caviler try to race my GF Saturday night. Got her off the line (shes trying to help her reaction times sooo hard) and thru most of 1st by 1/2 a car, then she hit 2nd. It's all fun and games for the ricers till the stang hits 2nd. Man I need those 3.73's!!

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires.
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 01:26 AM   #16
oldman
Registered Member

Here's a slight twist on this. In 1984, I bought a new Bronco 2 (remember those) 120 horses and a 5-speed. Anyway, one of my bikin buddies bought a new S-10 blazer about the same time. One day after work we both left the light leaving the refinery at the same time and well. . . .it had to happen. All totalled there were about 225 horses hurling themselves down the road as fast as they would accelerate. After about a half mile, at about 60 miles an hour I noticed he was laughing so hard he was almost snottin hisself. As I rolled down my window, I heard him yell "nobody even knows we're racing" Sad but true. . .I looked back and there were several cars waiting patiently for one of us to move over so they could get by.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 11:16 PM   #17
CodeNinja
Registered Member

Talking

Now that's funny!!! I respect your ability to share that with us.

------------------
CodeNinja
2001 Laser Red, "Bone Stock" Cobra
CodeNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 02:45 PM   #18
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Talking

Thats one of those things thats painfull to share. So who won?

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires.
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote