View Single Post
Old 02-20-2001, 02:17 AM   #1
Rebel79
News Editor

Post Ever seen a Chevy 454 SS Truck?

After working on my car for a bit today, I decided to go take a drive and test out my new JMS chip. (well it needs some tuning). Anyway, I see this full-sized, black Chevy truck behind me trying to catch up. I move over a lane and he pulls up. As soon as we a nose to nose, he nails it and jumps about 2 feet ahead. I was in 3rd going like 50, so I just nailed it and instantly got a car length. There was traffic ahead so we slowed down.

A bit later I got to see the markings on the side of the truck.... it read "454 SS" in red lettering. I have only heard of these trucks, and never actually seen one.

At the next light, I'm behind him, and he lights up the tires when the light goes green. Only there is a car in front of him..... so he couldn't go far. At the next light we are in front, talking to each other.... And its a stock 454....of course we was interested in what I had, and he told me that I had a REALLY fast car.

On green we both nail it. Only he doesn't chrip the tires, but still launches hard. I, however, completely light them up through 1st, screeching and smoken, hit second, the DR's grab and I'm off..... I look back and he's WAY back there....

Anyone seen one? Do you know what they run? I've heard 13's but I'm not sure. However someone on another board said they have seen them run 12.9s STOCK.

------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra
308ci, Vortech S-trim 11#, ported GT-40 heads, E-303 cam, FMS 1 5/8 headers, BBK Offroad H-pipe, 2-chamber flows, and several other goodies.
Rebel Racing. Home of Bay Area Mustangs
Rebel79 is offline   Reply With Quote