MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   EZRIDN runs the '86 GT down the track.... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=31328)

EZRIDN 11-18-2002 10:03 AM

EZRIDN runs the '86 GT down the track....

Took the '86 to the track friday to see what it would do. I have taken in to the track in Indiana before but its been a year since i ran the car here at Moroso. Anyways....this was on my street tires...full street trim..spare and a full tank. Still has those horrible '86 heads on it and short block.

60'...2.03
1/8....9.1 @ 75.9
1/4...14.24 @ 96.70

Not bad i don't think. I think i have maxed the ET out on street tires by looking at the mph. i do not know how much better I can get that 60' on street tires.

Also weighed the car with just a hair under a full tank and it was 3240lbs. Its a t-top car with subframes.

BTW...i plugged the numbers in here on the analyer with the track weight and hp...and it calculated a best run in ideal conditions at 14.11 @ 96 so i think i did pretty good.

What do you guys think.....

Dark_5.0 11-18-2002 01:28 PM

That must be an awesome track, Most of the 86's cant break out of the 15's were I live.

Nice 60ft on the street tires best I ever done was a 2.09 in my cobra.

Sea level?

sedanman 11-18-2002 02:11 PM

That run was at moroso which is like under 30ft but he ran close to those times here in Indiana (800ft). He can drive very well hence the times. Ofcourse if he spent some of that money he is always spending on his Z on his 86GT it wouldn't have those stock 86 heads on it and it wouldn't be running 14's.

Dark_5.0 11-18-2002 02:29 PM

Man I wish I could run at a sea level track:( ........The track I race at is at 3000ft.

venumus93 11-18-2002 10:47 PM

Good job EZ!

EZ:

Great job with the '86! I just got some sticky street tires & would love to see some 2.0 60' times! I'm trying to get to the track this or next Fri night & we'll see if it will hook at Orlando Speedworld.
Again, good job with the '86! You should surprise lots of people with that car & your driving!
Later!

Sean

6T9PONY 11-19-2002 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dark_5.0
Man I wish I could run at a sea level track:( ........The track I race at is at 3000ft.
The lowest track around here is 3,520 ft....next lowest is 5,280 ft (Bandimere in Denver)....I've never ran my car in Denver, but I did at the track that's 3,520....it was a sucky day. Hot, humid, horrible track, street tires, running real hot, bad times.....:( :rolleyes:

EZRIDN 11-20-2002 10:15 AM

Re: Good job EZ!

Quote:

Originally posted by venumus93
EZ:

Great job with the '86! I just got some sticky street tires & would love to see some 2.0 60' times! I'm trying to get to the track this or next Fri night & we'll see if it will hook at Orlando Speedworld.
Again, good job with the '86! You should surprise lots of people with that car & your driving!
Later!

Sean

Thanks guys for the replies. The car was a lot of fun to take down the track and i might take it back to see if i can get lucky and bust a very high 1.9 60'. I forgot how much fun banging gears down the track was :)

Venumus93...i LOVE '93 Cobras. Ever think of selling yours???? We still need to met up man!

boogerlizard 11-24-2002 01:26 AM

i had an 86 back in 89, with a k&n and silencer removed i went 14.3's at 95

venumus93 11-24-2002 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by EZRIDN
Venumus93...i LOVE '93 Cobras. Ever think of selling yours???? We still need to met up man!
hey EZ,
yeah, gotta meet up sometime, but with baby #2 getting here 8 days ago, my track time will be limited for awhile. I am trying to get to a Fri night test & tune w/in the next 2 Fridays, so we'll see what happens...
as far as the car sale goes...just couldnt do it. still mostly stock with all stock parts in the garage attic, and I couldnt get much for a 112K mile car....:(
take it easy & we'll try to get down there sometime!
later!

Sean

86 Grand Marqui 11-24-2002 07:04 PM

I think EZRIDN will agree with me. "Moroso is usually in horrible shape "so he was flying that night.Keep it up.

EZRIDN 11-24-2002 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 86 Grand Marqui
I think EZRIDN will agree with me. "Moroso is usually in horrible shape "so he was flying that night.Keep it up.

ha ha. yea i will have to agree with ya on that one. I went out there tuesday during the bracket race test and tune and all the big guys were complaining to jay that the track sucked.

Holla at me the next time you see me there. I am in Dial in with the black '99 Z.

EZRIDN 11-24-2002 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by venumus93
hey EZ,
yeah, gotta meet up sometime, but with baby #2 getting here 8 days ago, my track time will be limited for awhile. I am trying to get to a Fri night test & tune w/in the next 2 Fridays, so we'll see what happens...
as far as the car sale goes...just couldnt do it. still mostly stock with all stock parts in the garage attic, and I couldnt get much for a 112K mile car....:(
take it easy & we'll try to get down there sometime!
later!

Sean

Congrates on baby #2. i would be interested in a 112k car :) Maybe i will come to Orlando soon. I had a 97 Cobra in orlando say he wants to run my Z so we will see :)