MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   EZRIDN Vs. '01 GT Conv. (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=26909)

EZRIDN 07-30-2002 01:38 PM

EZRIDN Vs. '01 GT Conv.

This is a guy i met off of LS1.com and we hooked up a race between his '01 GT Conv (3.73s, 5 spd, Nitto DRs, pullies, Magnaflow X pipe and cat back, K & N) and my LS1. He posted this race on LS1.com and i copy/pasted it here. Really nice guy and his dad has a '01 Viper that we took out yesterday too. Hope you guys like. We are meeting at the track wed so that we both can go off the green and not the 3,2,1 Go BS. lol.

1st off, this is a good friend of mine I met up with finally, Marc. I met him here. He has a 99 Z28 A4.

1st race. We wanted a true 1/4 mile race. We lined up 1/4 mile from a white sign I always race at.

I pulled 2 cars ahead in 1st and 2nd gear. He spun a little, I hooked. 3rd gear I held 2 cars. 4th gear he started coming up with athourity. I beat him in the 1/4 mile, but he would have past me in a few blinks after that.

2nd race from a 40 roll. I jumped a little, he started creaping in 3rd. And then we had to let off becuase of a corner.

3rd race. started from 40. I let him hit it 1st so his car would have time to down shift we were even for 2 sec. then he started to pulling process. We went to about 105 and he pulled 2-3 cars.

Not too shabby, I'm happy, and he was supprised. I knew I would get walked from a roll though. I had my moment from a dig.

Good race marc.

venumus93 07-30-2002 04:32 PM

Re: EZRIDN Vs. '01 GT Conv.

EZ:

Good runs, man! Sounda like a blast! Make sure you post all about your track times as well when you guys get out there! Sounds like the GT is a very strong runner, & it's always best(most fun!) when you run a car close to yours.

Later!

Sean

EZRIDN 07-30-2002 05:18 PM

Yea Sean it was awesome. When we ran from the stop i counted down 3,2,1, Go and then waited until i saw his car move then i hit it. I know i lost sometime there. But i was pulling him so hard up top, it was awesome. he said he was looking back at me during the race and could see the LS1's nose diving between shifts :) He can drive the wheels right of that car. He powershifted every gear. His best time so far has been a 13.8 @ 100. My itimes in the summer are from 13.6's-13.5's @ 104-105.

Later we took the Viper out and that car is just awesome. It's stock but has run 12.4 @ 117.

I CANNOT wait for the rematch at the track tomorrow. Pray that it does not rain.

Aquaman 07-30-2002 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EZRIDN
His best time so far has been a 13.8 @ 100. My itimes in the summer are from 13.6's-13.5's @ 104-105.

Later we took the Viper out and that car is just awesome. It's stock but has run 12.4 @ 117.

I CANNOT wait for the rematch at the track tomorrow. Pray that it does not rain.

Nice Run:) Just shows that the faster car doesn't always win on the street but your power was more evident on your roll race.

The Vips are awesome huh. I am looking at a New Z06 or a 97-98 GTS Vip. Such a beautiful car!

StoplightWarrior 07-30-2002 10:29 PM

Wait, a GT beat an LS1? Not to sound sarcastic, I'm serious here?

Skyman 07-30-2002 11:47 PM

Wait, in your post it says the GT was pulling you uptop? Which is correct?

Skyler

StoplightWarrior 07-31-2002 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Skyman

Skyler

Yeah, that's what Im saying...shouldnt the LS1 be trapping A LOT higher than the GT??

Aquaman 07-31-2002 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Skyman

Skyler

Sky, the recap of the race was written by the GT driver. So EZ lost the 1/4 race but was coming up and won the Roll on by 2-3 cars.

EZRIDN 07-31-2002 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aquaman

Sky, the recap of the race was written by the GT driver. So EZ lost the 1/4 race but was coming up and won the Roll on by 2-3 cars.

Exactly..the GT driver wrote the post on LS1.com and i put it here. He won the dead stop race by a car and i won the two runs from a roll. We are meeting at the track tonight to Rematch :)

Mustang92 07-31-2002 10:54 AM

Good luck tonight.

Not sure if you were aware but Sunday is Hot Rod Sunday, I'll be out there making a few passes with some friends.

Bill

sedanman 08-01-2002 01:36 AM

Nice run ez. I told you to get the DR's and a stall! Now you went and lost to a Gt what are we going to do :confused:

Don't worry soon enough I will have my stang down there and you can get use to looking at the back of a stang even on the big end :D

Skyman 08-02-2002 01:50 PM

Ohhhh Ok, that makes sence now!

Skyler

Rev 08-02-2002 02:11 PM

ET's

But the LS1 does have the lower ET (13.5 versus 13.8), so you shoild beat him at the track assuming each of you drives about the same. Correct me if I'm missing something here.

Rev

Mineralized 08-03-2002 12:00 AM

Hey guys, I'm the guy with the GT.

We had one race at the track wed. night. It wasn't the best run for me, he out tree'd me and out launched me.

I should have been ready sooner, but no excuses. He flat out spanked me. He ran 13.5, and I slamed on the brakes at the end because I don't have a roll bar, I still ran 13.9 @ 80mph.

I ended up getting my best run next time, 13.7 @ 101. Then I got the "warning" from the track officials. :rolleyes: I just WISH SOOOOO bad it wasn't a vert. I'm sure I could hang with LS1's if it was 250 lbs lighter.:mad:

I do really well on the street for some reason, I usually out launch most cars that are faster and pull in 2nd gear. At the track I only get 2.0 60's, and Mark (not marc, sorry) will hands down spank me every time. No contest till I get some NOSSSSSS

sedanman 08-04-2002 11:52 PM

Mineralized Mark spoke very highly of your car and your driving ability (I was on the phone with him when you ran :D ). Sounds like you guys might have a long standing racing future (and if he gets to out of hand just smack him with the viper :D )

Mineralized 08-05-2002 12:37 AM

I hope so :D

Hey, do you know of a good NOS system for my car? I'm thinking of buying one. But I might sell my car and get a Foxbody with a serious motor. I like that idea too.

sedanman 08-05-2002 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mineralized

Hey, do you know of a good NOS system for my car?

I would look into a NX kit but remeber if you want over a 100 shot put a fuel pump and a timming adj. on it

Quote:

Originally posted by Mineralized
I'm thinking of buying one. But I might sell my car and get a Foxbody with a serious motor. I like that idea too.
I like this idea better than we could put the Z in the middle and he could see two sets of taillights :D

Mineralized 08-05-2002 09:09 PM

I like that idea too. I'll have to put aside the sex apeal of a 01 Vert. for a real muscle car.

When you get that NOS kit, you'll be trapping like 118. ;)