MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   EZRIDN Vs. a couple of LS1s (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=32416)

EZRIDN 12-18-2002 10:09 AM

EZRIDN Vs. a couple of LS1s

Took the LS1 out for cruze the other night and got into 2 races.

First was a A4 98 Z28 with 3.23s, hooker long tubes w/ an open exhaust, and a K & N from what he said. We ran with me counting down from 3 on a dead stop and we hit it pretty much the same time, maybe he got a slight jump. He pulled a half car out of the whole and held that lead all the way til 100 or so. He said he ran 13.4s @ 105 before the headers.

Next was a '01 WS6 with SLP cat back exhaust, lid, 6 spd. We went from a 30 roll hitting it dead even. I was so excited from this run i can't exactly remember, but it was soooo close and sooooo even. you guys ever have that happen to you??? ha ha. I was at his front bumper the entire run. At the most i fell back a half a fender maybe. It was awesome. I let off at 110 and he kept in it til about 130 or so. We exhanged thumbs up at a light and went or seperate ways.

Anyways I thought you guys might like those street battles.

BTW....these were on vacant 3 lane roads.

tireburner163 12-18-2002 11:12 AM

nice runs:)

The dead even races really get your blood pumping!!!

Stang_Crazy 12-18-2002 11:59 AM

Those dead even races are the most exciting...Great races!!

Dark_5.0 12-18-2002 01:20 PM

Nice runs........I race LS-1's so often I dont even post the races anymore. I run at least 8-10 LS-1's every weekend.

They are my favorite cars to race by far.

Since you have an LS-1 explain this to me.........My friend has a dark blue A-4 with exhaust, U/D pullies, and a lid. He runs a 14.20 @108mph @3000ft with no tire spin.

I own him at the track I run mid to high 13's but from a roll on the street he pulls my cobra by several cars to 100.

His car has plenty of HP but seems to lack torque. He pulls 2.2 60ft's 9.3 1/8 mile.....I have seen him go 80mph in the 1/8th and finish @107mph.

Another thing sometimes he traps anywhere from 101-108 with the same ET.

Weird,

EZRIDN 12-18-2002 02:43 PM

Your friends mph is great though. I do not know why his ET is that low even at 3000ft. What do you think is the difference between the street and track that lets him take your Cobra???

I would LOVE to hear about your LS1 runs so please take the time to post them!

Dark_5.0 12-18-2002 02:55 PM

Well, from a dead stop on the street sometimes he beats me and sometimes I beat him.

From a roll on the street he smokes my @ss.

Let me put it this way if he beats me off the line I aint gonna catch up.

At the track I run 20 psi in the rear tires, that and the track is prepped with VHT. I get him by 4 tenths in the 1/8. Towards the end of the 1/4 he is fetching me like I am standing still I only trap 102mph.

I keep telling him to get a stall converter to help him come off the line.

302 LX Eric 12-18-2002 03:05 PM

EZ - good to hear about some races as it's been real quiet here in the Street Racers Corner. Winter has definitely set in. :(

Dark - Weird, I agree. You're on the money with the stall convertor call...he'll see huge gains in ET with that mod alone.

E