MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-12-2001, 07:08 PM   #1
x4evawizex
Registered Member

Default GT Body Kit

hey, i am in the process of buying a 93 LX, and i'm looking for a GT body kit to compliment the 5.0 under the hood. i'd prefer black, but i don't mind having to paint it.

so i'm looking for the front bumper and the sideskirts, i'm not sure if there is a different rear bumper, if there is i would most likely be interested in it as well.

email or reply to this post if you have any help/advice

sorry if i'm not supposed to post WTBs on this forum, thanks
x4evawizex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 12:16 AM   #2
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World

ok, you could buy a cervinis cobra body kit, basically the same except different back bumoer cover, no scoops, and a cobra grille insert.
1984 Bronco II, 36" Michelin Military Tires, 95 EFI 5.0, NP435 Tranny, NP208 Doubler, NP205 Transfer Case, Fill Size Solid Dana 44 Front End, WH Progressive Rate Rock Crawling Coils, Bronco 8.8 Rear, Skyjacker Softride Leafs, 5.13 Gears, Detroit Locker. Final Crawl Ratio Of 175:1

88 GT
Best 60ft. 2.181
Best ET 14.350
Best MPH 98.01
~WRECKED!!!!~
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 11:45 AM   #3
Tim89LXvert
Registered Member

I agree with Bowtie Eater, it will be much easier to use an aftermarket Cobra kit than to try and duplicate the GT.

The aftermarket kits are designed to be added on to existing LX bodywork. The other plus with the Cobra is the rear bumper allows you to keep the LX pipes.

BTW, what have you got against the way the LX looks???
Engine: GT40 al. heads, Cobra intake, TFS cam, 1.7RR, etc.... LOLDrivetrain: SPEC II clutch & FMS Billet flywheel, Pro 5.0 shifter w/Cobra knob and aluminum driveshaft through 3.73:1 gears.Chassis: 4 wheel disk w/Cobra front brakes, GT rears and 2001 "Bullitt" wheels
Rear: MM adjustable LCAs with Griggs springs, KYB shocks. Front: Koni red struts, FMS "C" springs and full poly bushings. Full length MM sub frame connectors, steeda 2pt. K-brace.Misc.: 130a alt. upgrade, R134a conversion.
Photos of my car
Tim89LXvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 12:07 PM   #4
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

I think he wants a GT bodykit not a cobra. On the GT body kit, everything will just bolt right up, but your going to have to get different tips for your exhaust. And you might have some problems attaching the side skirts. The cobra kit cost $999. I personally like the looks of the LX, plus it's lighter. If your intent on changing the front bumper, check out www.cervinis.com they have some cool body kits, I think one of the front bumpers is called the "stalker"? It looks similar to the GT but I think it looks better.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 03:41 PM   #5
BearStang
Registered Member

I'm in the process of replacing my GT ground FX for the Cobra pieces, I would sell the rear bumper, side skirts, the two front scoops, and the GT wing CHEAP. You would still need to purchase the front bumper cover. They are black, but will probably need refinishing due to age and wear & tear. E-mail me if you are interested.
Old 12-13-2001, 04:17 PM   #6
x4evawizex
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm in the process of replacing my GT ground FX for the Cobra pieces, I would sell the rear bumper, side skirts, the two front scoops, and the GT wing CHEAP. You would still need to purchase the front bumper cover. They are black, but will probably need refinishing due to age and wear & tear. E-mail me if you are interested.
yeah, i think i'm interested, i got to find out your asking price first, but to clarify, i'm not looking to complete the GT body kit, i was just trying to find some side skirts and a front bumper, because i think the LX looks like it sits too high. anyway, i don't know where the front two scoops are. they are in the doors, like the 94 stangs? or are you talking about a 94?
Old 12-14-2001, 12:46 PM   #7
BearStang
Registered Member

x4- I think you would be much happier buying a set of performance coil springs/shocks/struts and lowering your LX. Only adding the front bumper and sideskirts would look rather, awkward. Besides, you'll get better looks and better handling.

I would take $100 for all. The shipping would cost you more than the parts, unless you want to drive to central Illinois and pick them up.

The GT models have 2 scoops on each side, one in front of the rear tire below the door, and one in front of the front tire on the lower body panel. They are seperate pieces from the ground fx and front bumper.
Old 12-15-2001, 05:16 PM   #8
x4evawizex
Registered Member

yeah, i guess i'll just go down to my local junkyard and pick up the parts i'm looking for.

how much do you think coilovers, struts, shocks would cost, around $700?

and what brand is good for stangs, i'm used to hondas with koni being the best.

thanksx