MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-08-2002, 11:02 AM   #1
foxbodied
Registered Member

Default fast and furious took its affect

last night on that show flipped they did this thing with 2 srteet racers. girl and a guy both with rice burners. hey showed them what happens. but tonight is something else on mtv about street racers at 10 o clock. i bet people are getting more concerned with street racing because of the fast and furios movie.
foxbodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 12:20 PM   #2
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Probably.

Street racing is dangerous. I don't know why people really do it. Maybe it's the money (if at all there is any). The allure of speed. Or even the thought of getting caught.

I've never street raced and I plan on never planning to do it. If I do any racing at all, it'll be at the track.

I don't need a run in with Johnny Law and end up behind bars.

Dan.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 01:29 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I street race cause the track is only open on Saturdays and one day a week isnt enough. Where I live there are long straight streets that get "0" traffic at night and have no side streets.

I never used to street race till I watched that damn Fast and the Furious. I just wont feel complete till I blow the welds on my intake
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 02:56 PM   #4
induction
The Brit!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0

I never used to street race till I watched that damn Fast and the Furious. I just wont feel complete till I blow the welds on my intake

lmao!!
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 03:02 PM   #5
The Deuce
Registered Member

The only reason I ever street race is when the other guy is there and the street is sraight and empty. If you are out cruising, you can't always set up a date to hit the track. When you can, sweet. But they run CART in Long Beach, so why can't I drag in Huntington?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 03:33 PM   #6
foxbodied
Registered Member

ye everyone is giving excuses as to why they street race. didnt start this thread to say street racing is wrong. WELL maybe it is but i love it but i was just mentioning on how the ricers screwed this up for us. there was barely ever any street racing like this on tv. until they came along.
foxbodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 03:42 PM   #7
The Deuce
Registered Member

Yeah, I remember the "good old days". There were no special laws about racing, just got speeding tickets, and sometimes exhibition of speed in CA. Then the F&F came along and now you can get a ticket from watching street racing out here. They claim you are "aiding and abetting". WTF?

I actually never thought about watching a street race until all this other crap came along. Seemed to me like you cruise looking for people to run. Not a central location where races go down. Maybe that's just the old school in me.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 10:04 PM   #8
RoadWarrior
Registered Member

I admit that street racing is very dangerous. The only times that i do it are when it is fairly safe and the road is empty. The reason i dont like going to the track is because of the price tag involved.
This is all in canadian but its still alot when your 20 and getting ripped off on car insurance
20 entry
220 helmet - required
60 - driveshaft loop - required for 14's
500-600 roll cage - required for 12 and maybe even 13's depending on car
add in gas and tires your getting close to 1000 just to be able to race
street race=free, except for bets
Old 08-09-2002, 08:11 AM   #9
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Street racing is going to have its dangerous elements. However in my opinion it is not street racing that is dangerous, it's the dam ricers!

How many times have you seen ricers do stupid, dangerous things when they are just driving in traffic?!? I can just imagine the retarded things going through there minds when they are trying to race! Freakin' Ricers, I hate them!

Oh and RoadWarrior, it's nice to see another Edmonton guy on the boards. Edmonton is my Hometown. Where abouts you live?

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 02:20 PM   #10
KillerStang
Registered Member

well you cant say only ricers drive stupid. i have seen a video of a guy that just bought a ws6 and he takes it to the illegals, still had his temp plate in the window. dude shouldnt of been driving the car b/c he nailed it gets sideways hits a ******* parked car then continues to go across the road the other way in to a damn ditch. i bet that was some of the best money he ever spent. there are stupid drivers for any type of car. you cant lay it all on the ricers, but b/c that movie there are all kinds of cops in the crusing spots.
KillerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 08:02 PM   #11
mysweetlx
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KillerStang
well you cant say only ricers drive stupid. i have seen a video of a guy that just bought a ws6 and he takes it to the illegals, still had his temp plate in the window. dude shouldnt of been driving the car b/c he nailed it gets sideways hits a ******* parked car then continues to go across the road the other way in to a damn ditch. i bet that was some of the best money he ever spent. there are stupid drivers for any type of car. you cant lay it all on the ricers, but b/c that movie there are all kinds of cops in the crusing spots.
Some people are just plain STUPID!
Old 08-10-2002, 01:53 AM   #12
Mach351C
Registered Member

Yah i guess lots of stuff happens out on illegal street races?
And sence you wanna blow the welds on the intake and stuff... Now me and the mad scientist have to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings that you fried.
Mach351C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 08:28 PM   #13
RoadWarrior
Registered Member

I live in the northside of Edmonton. And yeah i have to admit ive seen alot of stupid driver out there, and not just ricers. Thats one thing, if i race on the street i only do it if it is "safe". I know its never completely safe but you can get killed racing on the track too.