MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ferrari 355 (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=26888)

LT1 Z28 07-30-2002 06:32 AM

Ferrari 355

So, I'm on my way home with my wife and in the other direction I see a Ferrari. This is the conversation that took place between me and my wife:

Me: "Wow, look at this sweety, a Ferrari!"
Her: "Wow!"
Me: "That would be worth chasing!"
Her:"Yeah"
Me:"So... you want me to chase him?"
Her:"Yeah!"

So I turn around and he is turing left waiting for the green. I get behind him and he goes through the yellow being at the end of the file so I tought, screw this, I'm going in! I am behind him on a 3 lane road in the right lane but there is trafic on the left. He takes off but not full throtle. Eventuall, the left lane clears so I move over two lanes. I look over and it's an asian guy in his early 40's I think. So I say to my wife, "bah, an old guy, he probably won't go". Next thing I know, the thing is taking off! I was in 2nd ready to go but too high in the power band, floor it, bang it in 3rd, when he took off he made a couple of cars on me right away. By the top of 3rd I'm caught up to him by his side. Trafic ahead, I have to slow down.

I follow him to get beside him to talk. He was really cool.
Me:"That's a sweet *** car man!"
Him:"Thanks!"
Me: "It's so low!"
Him: "Yeah, I scrape it on curbs all the time, what do you have under that hood?"
Me: "Vortech Supercharger"
Him:"Ha! It sounds really good!"
Me:"Thanks!"

And we parted our own way. That was really cool! My wife and I got hoe smilling.

Thanks for reading!

1969Mach1 07-30-2002 01:55 PM

Your wife up for trades? Man would I love a girl that would encourage me to chase after a car. :D :D :D With the ex I used to get stop going to fast or let him go you don't haev to race him. Meh' I still do it on my own. Car chicks are the best. hehehe..... It's always good to see a guy who has a real nice car talk to us (less richer) guys. :D Goes to show you may have a Ferrari but don't mean your the fastest out there.

§am.

LT1 Z28 07-31-2002 12:07 PM

Hahaha! No trade! I love my wife too much. She doesn't mind when I race with her as long as I keep it safe (no trafic).

I am surprised this post doesn't get more replies. Ha well.

The guy was nice, I hope I run into him again at a carshow or on the street to talk some more.

95ragtop 07-31-2002 06:51 PM

That must have been cool to reel him in, and then he turned out to be a cool guy. Most Ferrari guys probably wouldn't give you the time of day. Nice to know there are some cool exotic drivers!!! Oh, and it must also be cool to have a wife that says go get um. I get the evil eye from mine. Now when she's driving, its a different story.

Later,

Stang_Crazy 07-31-2002 07:33 PM

I have only seen 2 or 3 Ferarri's around me. They both were driven by old men who were going UNDER the speed limit. WTF! Man, if I had a Ferarri, these backroads would be mine. Good race!!

7up 08-01-2002 12:33 AM

I've tried to race two Ferraris and they both wouldn't even look at me. A 365 Daytona Spyder and a 348. It's cool that guy ran you.