MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2002, 08:00 PM   #1
Milktasd
Registered Member

Thumbs up A few races

Well, I was driving on Lakeland, going to my friend’s house, when I saw an orange 2001 V6 Camaro and what I thought was a black Trans Am. It was night and I saw them at a distance. I revved. Somehow they heard me. I could see them pulling on to Lakeland behind me. I slow down to 45 MPH in a 55 MPH. I catch a light, so they are able to catch up. I see the black car pulling up beside me. When it pulls even I see that it is a Probe GT with a body kit. Not sure on the year, I just know it was the body style after 1990. He revs his engine and hits it. Thinking this would be funny I drop it into second. Imagine my surprise when I only barely start to creep past him. When I bark the tires into third, I had my back bumper against his door. I couldn’t believe this Probe was THAT fast. My sister’s 1990 Probe was SLOW. Anyways, I shifted into fourth and I start to get a little more distance. At about 100 MPH, I was only a half a car in front him. I slowed down and I notice the guys in the Probe wanted me to lower my window. “How’s it feel to almost get beatin’ by a 6 cylinder?”
The Probe then got in the turn lane. I decided to try him again. I get in the next turn lane. I was able to turn first so I got up to where he was still sitting. I stop in the right hand lane a little past the turn. He pulls up next to me. We both rev and then I punch it. I try not to launch anymore, since it usually doesn’t work for me. I can do it when I am not racing somebody. But if somebody tries to race me, I peel out pretty bad. This time I liked the result better of the race. I was able to pull to his front bumper in first gear and then I was able to pull a half a car with second and we stopped at the top of second gear.
I see the Probe slow down and get behind me and see the Orange V6 Camaro pull beside me. “Jesus not him, too?” He revs at me, while we are at 40 MPH. He starts it. I drop back down into second. It was pretty much a repeat of the race except it was CLOSER!!! We went up to 120 MPH and I got only half a car length on him. I raced him again from a stop and got the same results, amazingly enough.
I turn in at my old high school and wave for the Probe to pull over. They pull in beside me. We talked about each other’s car. The guy with the Probe said he had pretty much done everything to his car he wanted to do, while staying naturally aspirated. They ask me if I want to run a 1996 GT.
“The red one with a ram air hood?”
“You know him?”
“Is he still Supercharged and spraying?”
“He took off the Nitrous.”
“I’ll lose to him, but yeah I will race him.”
So I went and hung out with them at a shopping mart parking lot. We talked and look at each other’s car. A guy with a Type R on NOS pulled up, but I was the only who was going to race that night. After an hour, the red 1996 GT pulls up. He sounded pretty good; I don’t know what else he had besides a supercharger, Hell, maybe nothing. He looked at my car for a while as I looked at his. He had a racing tachometer on the dash and a boost gauge on the pillar for his 6lb Supercharger (he had a pulley to crank out 9 lbs of boost), Chrome Cobra R rims, lowered, Cobra R spoiler, Cobra front bumper, SVO hood (I think), 3.55s (or it might have been 3.73s don’t remember), and some brand of tires that had an inch of smooth surface in the middle. This didn’t bode well. All I had on my 1996 Cobra was underdrives, 3.73s and subframes.
The people around us were getting anxious for us to line up. The guy with the GT was worried about weight differences. He had a full tank and I had a 1/3 of a tank. I said hey, I’d get a passenger. He agreed. Now I have somebody to record the race from my car. Everybody gets in the their car to follow us to Lakeland. I pull into the street and sit there. I rev up to 2K. I decided **** it, I’ll try to launch. I hear the GT rev up, too. My passenger (driver of the Probe) goes on three. One. Two. Three. We both botch the launch. I pulled ahead first, meaning he was beside the passenger door of my car. Then he started to pull on me, when we went into second. My front bumper was now beside his front tire. We went to 90 MPH and he pulled a total of one car on me. I wanted to try from a roll, so we turned around and lined up at a 20 MPH roll. I punched it. Since I got the head start I was able to get my back bumper against his door. I TRIED to go for second, but I just had to miss it. But it was ok because he had a little traction problem, so we were even. I found second and slowed down his advance. But he was still in a faster car than me. I went into third and I heard him bark them a little after me. He pulled until my car was sitting on his bumper, then we went for fourth. We went up to 100 MPH and he got maybe a length on me.
We went back and they were telling me they were surprised that I was that close to him. The guy with the GT told me he knew a guy with a Supercharger for my engine. I told him if I had the money I might. I do plan on getting headers, Offroad H, bigger mass air, cold air kit, and maybe traction bars, if I can find some more about them that they will help a lot. I should be able to get this within the month, I hope.
flowmaster 2 chamber Delta 40 series
Milktasd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: