Thread: Finally! 13's!
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 08:43 PM   #8
venumus93
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MattwantsSpeed
Hey venumus, How are you launching? Are you lowering tire pressure at all? I need to get to track more to practice, but I have tried a few things with my 60 being a best of 2.222. A far cry from your 2.088.

If I could pull down 60's like yours, I'd be alot closer to 13's!

Great job!

Matt
Matt:
I only lowered my rear tires to 28psi, not much lower than I run on the street. Not a real big deal with street tires to go really low I've been told. I launch at idle(800RPM) as any higher I spin like crazy. You can try to launch at 1500-2000RPM but you really have to be able to feather the clutch & it will wear out much faster that way. I also got new tires 2 months ago & they only have a 180 treadwear(pretty soft), so that helped tremendously. My previous average 60' time was about a 2.2. I wish I could get to the track more to practice as well, but I just dont have the time with a wife & 2 kids at home!
Thanks for the post!
02SS: thanks for the post & great times yourself!
Steve & Mike: with my parents moving to their home in Port Charlotte soon, I will have a place to stay & have to make a trip to the track in Bradenton sometime to meet up with you guys! Probably in march sometime.

Later!

Sean
93Cobra#3974, 114K miles
3.55's, flo's, pullies, C&L
1/4: 13.985
60': 2.088 (street tires)
MPH: 99.58
venumus93 is offline   Reply With Quote