MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-19-2001, 12:00 PM   #1
Stang951
Registered Member

Exclamation AIt's finally here...(kina Long)

Finally got the Mustang running last night. I was almost not able too because we couldn't find a belt to fit it. As it is we have thewrontg belt on the damend thing. For anyone that doesnt know the 351 swap went terrible. I have even stated that I will never use another Edelbrock product again (reneged - had to get an air filter last night too - in all of the frustration I forgot to get one.) When we first started, the orignal motor that we were going to ise had a pitted cylinder (somehow water got into it and ruined the cylinder). Then we had to wait for parts, and someone had stolen alot of parts that my friend had for the swap so we had to order more parts and more parts. Then when we finally got everything together, there was a terrrible vavle clatter at idle. According to three different Edelbrock techs, the problem was diagnosed different three different times. Finally after ordering different rockers and a set of FMS shims I was able to remove the valve clatter last night and get the motor running correctly.
The car went to get an alignment today and all we have left is the a/c and weld the subframes in.

------------------
1988 Mustang LX w5.8/ 1993 Thunderbird LX 5.0 / 1990 5.8 block/ Edelbrock Perfromer Intake/ Edelbrock Performer RPM cam and lifters/ Edelbrock Performer street pump/ Edelbrock timing gears/ Ronald Boudreaux custom headers and exhaust/ Flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers/ March Performance billet aluminum underdrive pulleys/ MSD billet distributor/ MSD 6AL ignition box/ MSD Superconductor wires/ Energy SUspension polyurethane engine and transmission mounts/ Omega adjustable Roller rocker arms / Ford M
Stang951 is offline   Reply With Quote