MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-26-2001, 09:27 AM   #1
sedanman
Registered Member

Post Finally race a supra........well kinda

I am driving home the other night and I see a supra headed down the road, I have been wanting to race one for a long time so I figured heres my shot I get behind it and it says turbo. So I get along side it and he does not want to play. So I try a little more and no dice than as I exit off the highway he wips it to my ramp and I am like WTF, but ofcourse this means that it is on. So we work are way through traffic and finally get a little room to open it up and he slow and I slow and drop to 2nd he nails it and I nail it with the stang pulling a 1/2 car quickly than neither budge each other than he quickly jumps out of it, WTF? It was not much of a race only a couple second but still, my first supra race!

Here viper,viper,viper

Wait, I think I need some more work first....

------------------
1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd, GT-40 Heads, Cobra intake, 73MM mass air, 65mm TB, FPR, 24lb injectors, E303, Headers,off road H-pipe, Flows, K&n , hurst, 3:55's, pullies, etc...
Best ET 13.5 (2.15 60ft)
Best MPH 103.9
On semi-bald street tires
New mods! electric fan, nitto drag radials, mac upper and lower control arms, HD trac-loc, lakewood 50/50's on back, shift light, centerforce dual friction, and rebuilt heavy duty T5

[This message has been edited by sedanman (edited 02-26-2001).]
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 11:51 PM   #2
WEST
Registered Member

Smile

Sedanman, I am from the South side of Indy and would like to have a friendly race sometime. You should e-mail me so we can hook up. I am waiting on my new drag radials to arrive. I should have them by late next week.

Bob

------------------
93 Supra TT 6spd, 56,000 miles, stock twin turbos, 20-22 lbs of boost, targa top, RMM DP, APEXi N1, BCC, Profec B, Greddy 52mm boost gauge, Unorthodox cam gears, and underdrive pulleys, Greddy turbo timer, K+N filter, Max Air Box, NGK 3330R's, TRD turbo clutch, TRD strut bar, AVS Sport tires 245/45 and 285/40 ZR 17, Brembo cross drilled rotors, and Brembo pads.
WEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 01:08 AM   #3
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Hey west, just a few questions about your car, I don't know much about supras but have gotten my a&& handed to me by them twice.... is 93 the newer style or old style? How many lbs of boost are the stock turbos capable of? I see you are running 20-22, is that the most the stock turbos will put out...(still helluva lot), got any 1/4 times on that thing?

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 02:44 AM   #4
Fostang
Registered Member

If this race goes down and if the supra has what it says it has I'm going to just hand the win to him. That's your 5.0 is running in the 14's or high 13's.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 08:07 AM   #5
WEST
Registered Member

It is the newer style, 93-98 are the latest generation Supras.

Twenty two lbs of boost is about the most the stock twins are able to put out. Eighteen lbs is where I run it on pump gas. I'll go up to 22 lbs on race gas.

No 1/4 times yet. I have a friend with a 94 Supra runing a similar setup and he has low 12's on street tires. We raced four times and I got him pretty badly three out of the four times we raced, the one time I lost was because I missed fourth gear, loose shifter linkage problem. I hope to get in the high to mid 11's with a good set of drag radials.

Bob

------------------
93 Supra TT 6spd, 56,000 miles, stock twin turbos, 20-22 lbs of boost, targa top, RMM DP, APEXi N1, BCC, Profec B, Greddy 52mm boost gauge, Unorthodox cam gears, and underdrive pulleys, Greddy turbo timer, K+N filter, Max Air Box, NGK 3330R's, TRD turbo clutch, TRD strut bar, AVS Sport tires 245/45 and 285/40 ZR 17, Brembo cross drilled rotors, and Brembo pads.
WEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 01:40 PM   #6
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Wink

Like Fostang said, obviously the Supra is going to clean you up, still, gotta race just because, hehe.

Obviously Fostang didn't read your sig, I think you should be in the high 12's with good driving, but that's not enough to take a low 12 Supra.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 10:22 AM   #7
sedanman
Registered Member

Hey west we have met before and you know who I am I am the one with the red coupe that hangs out down there with fathouse.

We will have to give it a run this summer with my 150 shot and my new susp and tire combo.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote