MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Finally Raced a new Cobra (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=31277)

bri32zz 11-16-2002 11:22 PM

Finally Raced a new Cobra

I was out and about Friday night when this new Cobra pulls up next to me at the light. I yelled out the window nice car. I then asked him if it was fast. He said a heck of a lot faster then you car. It was on then. The light turned green and we both spun badly. At the end of second gear he was ahead by half a car. When I finally got some sort of traction I pulled him by at least 3-4 cars and I keep leaving him further back. I did not let off until I could barely see him in my rearview mirror. We then pulled into the gas station and he was VERY amazed with how bad I beat him. He thought I was stock because my car looks 100% stock. I then lifted the hood for him and he then understood why he lost. For stock those car are Awsome. Oh yeah I did spray him too! he he he:)

Rice Hunter 11-16-2002 11:37 PM

That they are. One gave me a run for my money a while ago. He got me off the line (better launch), but that didn't last long. Anyway, look out, with just a few slight mods: 440's hp and 450's trq! Good run!

bri32zz 11-16-2002 11:42 PM

Yes they can easily be modded but a car with 300 hp can beat a 700 hp car if they can not put it to the ground. I do believe the IRS will limit the cars launch time on the track and street. All one need is 400 rwhp to get into the 10 sec zone if they can utilize all their hp to the wheels.

slow98 11-17-2002 04:42 AM

good kill! i bet you made him go order the pulley,chip, and exhaust eheh:D

lx mike 11-17-2002 09:34 AM

Brian, You bully!! lol good run with the cobra!!

SleeperGT 11-17-2002 09:23 PM

Great post. I couldn't stop laughing after I read your signature. That poor slob didn't know what hit him! I would have loved to have seen his face as your tail lights dissappeared into the night!

1969Mach1 11-18-2002 12:59 PM

Very Nice Kill! :D You put him in his place. Makes me want to go build a 10sec car. :D If it wasn't for winter here I'd be building one. This winter limits driving by so much. It's impossible to drive a 500hp rwd vehicle in the snow. Hell it's impossible to drive any rwd vehicle. Ohh... well.

Nice Kill,
§am.

one 11-18-2002 01:09 PM

"I yelled out the window nice car. I then asked him if it was fast. He said a heck of a lot faster then you car. It was on then. The light turned green and we both spun badly. "

Was Vin sitting next to you and said, "smoke him" after he said that to you......(laughing) Sorry that is all I could think about after he said that to you. Nicely done tho, maybe he will have a little more respect for the fellow stanger next time.

silver_pilate 11-18-2002 04:41 PM

I CALL BS!!!

No freakin' way your car could beat a new Cobra with only 453.8 rwhp!! Not in your lifetime! He must of been a crappy driver.

;)

:D

--nathan