MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-16-2001, 01:04 PM   #1
fastang
Registered Member

Post Finaly got to race a modded LS1 SS

I was at the local thursday night hangout and as usual NOONE was racing. So I called my friend with his SS and told him to come over. He did and nobody wanted to race him but of course they all wanted to watch a race. So I agreed to race him and all thirty or so people went caravaning to a decent street to race on. His SS has a lid, exhaust cutouts,subframe connectors and all the freebie mods. The last time we went to Pomona to run he hit a 13.3 at 108mph. He has gone faster before. I didnt expect to win. We get a flagger and I take a car lead in first, I hit second and get another half a car or so. By the top of second Im still a good car and a half ahead. Then the inevitable happened, as soon as I hit third he starts pulling on me. By the top of third hes a car ahead of me and leaving I didnt have to hit 4th, I knew it was over. But I never expected to win anyway. Im just glad he didnt smoke me in every gear.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 07:12 PM   #2
gt-hunter
Registered Member

faststang:

good race though, From what I see in your mods, if you get 4.10s you would have stayed ahead longer. I know what you mean though, I've found myself behind early a few times too but pulling once I hit third. 3rd gear is mainly where the LS1 shines. The trick though is to get a good jump and make him play catch-up. It doesn't matter if he's pulling on you, if you reach 1/4 mile and he's behind he lost

Good race though
Mike

------------------
1999 Z28 M6 Arctic White, MTI-Clear Lid w/K&N, B&B Triflo, BMR STB, Pro 5.0 Power Tower, 160 Powerstat, HPP3, TB Coolant bypass, Ported MAF, Taylor 409 wires(10.4 mm), NGK TR-55s, Redline Synthetic Lubricants, K&N oil filter,
AIM Screen name:POWRD BY LS1
gt-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 08:18 PM   #3
fastang
Registered Member

Mike, My biggest problem is that I still have my factory headers and cat back on it. It realy kills my top end. I was realy kicking his a$$ for a while. Im sure I could get an awesome 60ft and a decent eighth mile but My car hits a wall in third. I just spent a grand on a whole new system w longtubes and hi flo cats, I just need to stuff it in.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote