MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-16-2001, 01:39 AM   #1
fastang
Registered Member

Exclamation WHOA! :eek:

I was at the local Thursday night hangout tonight where people bs, show off, and occasionaly set up races. Im getting ready to leave when someone in a realy sweet first gen Camaro comes down the street in front of the parking lot where everyone is standing. He lights em up for a long time untill his tires are realy smokin and gets to about 35-40 mph when his rear tire blows sending him into a complete 360 slamming his front end into the median in the center of the road which blows his front tire too! He drives back into the parking lot and everyone runs over to see that his front rim is bent and ground up and he had a few large body scratches and small dents. All in all he's pretty lucky he didnt do any more damage. The rims looked like really nice chrome Cragars too. Good luck fixing everything dude.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 12:28 PM   #2
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

I think there was a valuable lesson learned there for all of us:

Usually, showing off benefits the crowd more than the person doing the showing off.

That had to be a humbling experience.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 04:24 PM   #3
Fostang
Registered Member

He must of felt stupid. I know I would have. I tend not to do that anymore. The only times I've lit em up have been since I got the rear end changed it breaks traction so easy that around turns it tends to smoke em with very little effort. I hate doing this because I cant get on the gas. When the car does this I feel like everyone looks at me. If they only knew that I wasn't trying to do it. The only time I've ment to do it in about 4 months was the day after I did my gear swap. I went out to a frontage road and I was just amazed as to what a rear end swap can do. Kinda sucks for a daily driver but hey..I feel the need for speed.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 07:42 PM   #4
LeadSled1
Registered Member

Red face

My friend Bruce and I were at a local car show when a old guy in a dunebuggy was showing off reving up his motor to redline. Well, his foot slipped of the clutch or the clutch cable broke and the thing pulled a wheelie across the parkinglot and into the side of a 1940 something lowrider with custom paing and the works. Holy crap I thought they were going to kill the guy. The frame from the buggy pushed the front suspension in causing major damage. I never saw the guy or the buggy around again. I can't figure out why he even took the chance doing that or leaving it in gear. He's lucky he didn't take someone out at the waist.

jess
LeadSled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 08:57 PM   #5
69fastback
IRAQ VET

damn that sucks. I am just surprised that hasn't happened to me yet. I will be more carful after reading that though

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 09:43 PM   #6
gp001
Registered Member

Question

Fastang - If you don't mind me askin, where is the the Thurs night hangout you are refering to??? The only Thurs hangout I know of is Giovannis (more of a show thing), and I would like a change of pace

------------------
347, 279/284 .493/.510, TFS TW, Stealth, 750, Flowtech hdrs, Dr. Gas X, 2 Chmbr Flowmaster, MSD 6AL-Dist.& SS coil, Art Carr C-4, Currie 9" w/3.55, alum Drv Shft, susp mods, 4 wheel power disc
In a 66 coupe
gp001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 10:30 PM   #7
fastang
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Giovannis is REAL close. The cars there are usualy sweet older ones. Up Imperial at Rose drive on thursday nights when Giovannis is over people meet at the Del Taco around 9-9:30. Lots of newer cars and a few sweet old ones too. I have been looking forward to seeing your car. Drop by.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote