MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-27-2001, 08:10 PM   #1
LOCASH
Registered Member

Exclamation FIRST RACE IN STANG!!!!!!!

It finally happened! My battery died and the guy who gave me a jump also has a Mustang. It's an 89 GT, 5 speed, stock except for cold air and Cobra 17's. As soon as we got off base I pulled into the other lane (it was about 11:30pm) and we both floored it from a roll. He pulled away pretty fast. I was so excited that I finally got a race that I forgot to 1-d-1. I shifted into second manually but forgot to hold it and put it into third. We found another road but I forgot to do it again. It wasn't until I got home and thought about it that I realized why I lost so badly. Crap. He beat me by a car about 2 car lengths. Would I have one if I had remembered to shift?

------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Steeda G-trac and subs, Strut bar.
"DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT!"
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 08:45 PM   #2
fastang
Registered Member

You might have gained half a car by manualy shifting it but he still would have won.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 11:39 PM   #3
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Maybe. Race again and see.

Mustangs racing in Italy?

You should look for some exotics and then post results.

I'm hoping my next assignment will be Germany, Europe so I can run my Mustang both on the Autobahn and through the countryside.

------------------
K!
Personalized Black 98 SVO Blown Stage II ROUSH
without the side exhaust but some other cool stuff

Dyno 303rwhp 338rwtrq
Still working out the kinks!!!

SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 07:09 PM   #4
LOCASH
Registered Member

Exotics? Why wait? I'll tell you right now how it will go down...we take off, he takes off. I become familiar with the back side of what ever $60,000 Euroheap he's driving. If you want to come over seas and bring your car...good luck. 400 liters of gas a month is the limit anything over that is about $5 a gallon. Oh yeah I almost forgot the good news! Europeans drive really small cars and they don't give a f*** about them. When they hit you, and believe me they will, it takes up to 5 years to get a settlement because there are so many accidents. Don't speak the language? Too bad, you are on your own. The average overseas tour is 2 years. The plates that they make you put on your car make you stick out like a sore thumb. "Hi I'm American. If my country did something that pissed you off please vandalize my car." (insert loud scraping noise here). It happens all of the time. Busted out tail lights and windows are the norm.

[This message has been edited by LOCASH (edited 02-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by LOCASH (edited 02-28-2001).]
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote