MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2001, 08:10 PM   #1
LOCASH
Registered Member

Exclamation FIRST RACE IN STANG!!!!!!!

It finally happened! My battery died and the guy who gave me a jump also has a Mustang. It's an 89 GT, 5 speed, stock except for cold air and Cobra 17's. As soon as we got off base I pulled into the other lane (it was about 11:30pm) and we both floored it from a roll. He pulled away pretty fast. I was so excited that I finally got a race that I forgot to 1-d-1. I shifted into second manually but forgot to hold it and put it into third. We found another road but I forgot to do it again. It wasn't until I got home and thought about it that I realized why I lost so badly. Crap. He beat me by a car about 2 car lengths. Would I have one if I had remembered to shift?

------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Steeda G-trac and subs, Strut bar.
"DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT!"
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote