MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-01-2002, 05:20 PM   #1
fastang
Registered Member

Default New Vette goes down, close race.

Its new years day and I make a left turn and see a bright yellow new vette in my rear view stopped at the light behind me. I go slow so it can catch up and it does. It passes me with a nice exhaust and a license plate that reads "8AVIPER" We hit a light and I pull up next to the car only to find out that its a woman driving Most women dont race and cant speed shift anyway so Im a little dissapointed. But this chic was COOL and Im pretty sure she had an auto judging by the way it shifted and the sound. So we roll out in first, gun it and I get a car ahead of her by mid 2nd! I shut down for traffic and she flys by me.

I get behind her and laugh my *** off at her license plate since a Viper would seriously whoop her ***. I get beside her and we hit another light. This light was PERFECT, I've ran here before. Its perfectly straight and runs right next to the 91 freeway for about a half mile. Im hoping she will roll out and go like before because I seriously cant launch my car right now. My trac-loc is dust and Im on a bald drag radial. Anyway, Im in luck we roll out slowly first and hit it at EXACTLY the same time. Just like last time, I pull ahead of her in first and powershift second, then pull about half a car ahead by mid second gear.

At this point Im stoked and thinking to myself "just dont blow the 2-3 shift and this ones yours" So instead of powershifting 3rd I speedshift and she starts to gain on me! Now im thinking "**** here comes that LS1 3rd gear charge, I should have powershifted" She gets her front bumper right beside my door so now Im only 4-5 feet ahead when I finaly start getting into the thick of my powerband. About 5300 I stoppd her charge and slowy start to gain again. This time Im definitley powershifting and nail 4th gear at 6100. We get to about 115mph when she finaly shuts down, hits the brakes hard and makes a quck left turn
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 05:47 PM   #2
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Good Kill! You should have had her pull over so you two could talk. She might be interested in buying a Mustang now.
Old 01-01-2002, 09:21 PM   #3
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

Hey I am a girl and I never turn down a race even when I know my *** will get whipped LOL

Anyway good kill!!!
Old 01-01-2002, 09:33 PM   #4
tinner
Registered Member

nice kill . Them are the stories that make ford owners proud

Keith Craft 408w
11:1cr AFR205's , Vic Jr. , 750 Speed Demon , MSD Digital 6+ , Aeromotive fuel system , Hooker Super Comp ,Headers , Art Carr roller C-4 w/ 10" converter and trans brake
tinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 11:28 PM   #5
fastang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitrous Al
Good Kill! You should have had her pull over so you two could talk. She might be interested in buying a Mustang now.
I just wanted to ask her WTF was up with her license plate. Maybe she had an empty bottle when we ran but squeezes on all the Vipers she eats
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote