MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-19-2001, 11:08 PM   #1
Hotelbldr
Registered Member

Post Monte carlo bar

Has any one installed a monte carlo bar in a convertible? It appears necessary to remove the factory convertible braces to install one. Is this wise or not? Will the monte carlo bar have more effect than the factory braces?

------------------
66 burgandy convertible; 306 (289 bored .03 and 302 crank) edelbrock: Performer intake,4v carb; hurst 4 spd; 2.8:1 rear;Classic Auto Air perfect fit AC; Pertronix ignitor, 17x7 American Eagle 211's w/ 22545zr17 Toyo proxes
Hotelbldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 11:55 PM   #2
jwboner
Registered Member

It is necessary to remove the long braces if you want the monte, and I would not if you show the car or care a lot about originality. If not, I would get the one piece export brace and the monte carlo bar, this combination is much more stable during braking and cornering than the long braces. The type of distributor and induction will make a difference when choosing the particular bar you want.
jwboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 11:58 PM   #3
jwboner
Registered Member

It is necessary to remove the long braces if you want the monte, and I would not if you show the car or care a lot about originality. If not, I would get the one piece export brace and the monte carlo bar, this combination is much more stable during braking and cornering than the long braces. The type of distributor and induction will make a difference when choosing the particular bar you want.
jwboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 09:50 AM   #4
Brian Browning
Registered Member

I pulled the factory stuff and saved it. The MC bar and export brace made a very big difference in my handling. I'm very glad I did it.
Brian Browning is offline   Reply With Quote