View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 01:16 AM   #1
B2r3y
Registered Member

Default New Gears, Install, and Questions

I am looking to get some new gears for my car in the near future and i am pulled between 3.73's and the infamous 4.10's! I do alot of driving around houston and with my stock 2.73's i average a lil over 20mpg right now if i dont run 90-100 hehe. If i do this driving around houston witch ones would best suit me if i still wanna race, Im leaning torwards the 3.73's but a few questions first.

I want to get some different users specs on their gears(3.73 - 4.10) - what kinda of gas mileage do you average on the highway and what rpm's are you running in a T5 at around 75-80mph in 5th? What are the 2 like for street racing? How much top end do you have with the gear change bcuz with my stock 2.73 i can top out around 140 i think (speedo only goes to 85 lol) but it takes forever. Also this car wont be busting into the 12's anytime soon if that helps you on what direction this is taking with the N/A motor.

And about the install, i have never done any rear end work( and yea i can do mechanic work) but very fast learner and was wondering if anyone in the houston area would be intrested in assisting me on this install one day and the beer and pizza is on me. I know there are quite a few peeps around the houston area so let me know if someone can help. I just dont have the money to pay for install ( my mechanic quoted me $250 for install) so i need to find someone to do it with preferably if you have done an install on your car or someone elses.

So many questions but i gotta learn somewhere!
Thanks again guys.
Bryan
B2r3y is offline   Reply With Quote