MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2001, 07:03 PM   #1
Nutty 5.0
Registered Member

Thumbs up First run in(sort of) with 99 ss ls1 after s trim install...

I was cruising locally testing out the 3 week old S trim last Sat, and smoked 1st and 2nd testing out boost and fuel guage (just installed) with a friend passenger. Obviously this ls1 (that pewter color with ram air and red ss badges, I think it a 99?!) saw me, although I never saw him, until this silver slug comes quick up on me. Not riding my a$$, but hanging close. I'm stuck behind slow car on 1 lane road, and he turns off. I decided to see if he can keep up. Obviously not, but he was on it. I was pulling away pretty easily. I know I just bolted on 125+ horses, but man, this was awesome! I turned off a side road to chat and hope to run him just to see how I can hold up on a two lane road, and even signalled early. The bastard drops down a gear and chirps. Yeah, that realllllllly impressive! We were laughing are a$$es off! I will be looking for him again to run!!!
Not super impressive, but at least I know that I can easily walk a (stock?) ls1.

------------------
-Nutty 5.0
93 GT Red/Grey
S trim, Edelbrock 6037 heads, E cam, BBK longtubes w/cats, 3 chamber Flowmasters, BBK Alum. underdrive pullies, Cobra intake, Accel fuel regulator, FMS 70mm t.b., 73mm C&L meter, ram air, 1.7 roller rockers, Mac upper and lower strut tower braces, FMS lowering springs, Factory Five upper and lower control arms, Speedware Cobra R 17X9 wheels, 3.73 gears and ram air hood, Cobra wing, and grille insert.
Nutty 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote