MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Focus Vs 5.0 (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=27669)

SamanthasMustang 08-15-2002 02:01 AM

Focus Vs 5.0

I gotta question and i dont know where to post it so im gonna post it here! so ha :)

I No sum kid wit a focus he has
Borla cat back exhaust,
JBA headers,
iceman cold air intake,
focus central cam gears,
focus sport wires,
focus central throttle body
and a k&n air filter

My Question is could i beat a 5.0 gt....
My Boyfriend MattWantsSpeed Mustang For Example.. Cuz He Kid Is Sayin He Can.. But I Raced Him In My Car.. A V-6 and smoked him before the cam gears and he is sayin there was sumthing wrong wit his car that night... and etc and we didnt have a real race..but me and matt will tell u otherwise.... so i just wanna no.. how fast would the focus car be... and if it could beat my boyfriends car :) but we are leavin sunday for fl...and matts car wont be done till sat its in the shop gettin ready for the trip and we dont have time to race him in matts car.... so im just courious.. ..

~Samantha~

polara7777 08-15-2002 02:26 AM

The Focus would have a spanked azz!

MattwantsSpeed 08-15-2002 07:48 AM

Please move to the correct forum :)

Hammer 08-15-2002 08:28 AM

Even an SVT Focus is no match for a well tuned Mustang GT.

I've seen them run low 15s with a blower....
not that impressive to me... :rolleyes:

Sending to street racer's corner -->

Ackbar00 08-15-2002 10:08 AM

UUUUHhh............ I wouldn't lose sleep worring over it.

98SteedaGT 08-15-2002 10:33 AM

I tell you what... this looks like a money making opportunity for you, and a lesson learning for him..... Run him once and hold back, way back... and let him beat you a little... Then make a bet with him and race him again, then tear him apart..... That'll make him think twice before doing something like that again....

Dark_5.0 08-15-2002 10:58 AM

I raced a focus that was supercharged, with cams and every bolt on in the world. He lost 13.8 @101 to a 14.6 @99

blue00gt 08-15-2002 12:37 PM

That guy's Focus wouldn't even have the 170hp that an SVT has stock, and the SVT runs very high 15s at about 90mph stock, so speed racer is probably only in the 16s with his. He should stick to picking on 2.3L foxes...

MattwantsSpeed 08-15-2002 02:48 PM

hey guys, sorry about the repeat post. I posted the same deal in this forum. I didn't know my g/f had posted this before me.

Matt

The Deuce 08-15-2002 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MattwantsSpeed
hey guys, sorry about the repeat post. I posted the same deal in this forum. I didn't know my g/f had posted this before me.

Matt

Well, you should really have more control than that, sissy boy.;)

SamanthasMustang 08-15-2002 05:12 PM

Hey Sweetie dont call my boyfriend a sissy there is no need for that.... control over what??

The Deuce 08-15-2002 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SamanthasMustang
Hey Sweetie dont call my boyfriend a sissy there is no need for that.... control over what??
I'm just stirring up trouble, as it's a very long day at work today. No I don't think he is a sissy (those are guys that think Hondas are king) and I was alluding to not having adequate control over, well never mind. It's easier to not explain what I meant and then that I was joking around.

I think it would be a close race if you turned the Mustang around and had a heads up race of front drivers. :D

SamanthasMustang 08-15-2002 06:48 PM

ok sweetie forgive you i was not sure if you were jokin or not .... :)