MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 07:09 PM   #1
90'5.0 Conv
Long time member in and out

Red face Why aren't any Fords in NHRA pro stock!!

Someone please tell me why there are no Fords in the NHRA pro stock division. I just wanna know if I am missing something here. Fords should be just as competitive if not more competitve than chevys. Whats the deal?

Ford for life
Old 07-31-2001, 08:35 PM   #2
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

There is one Mustang in NHRA, it's like a 96 style and is run with no sponsor. Says Pervis Ford or something on the side. It's red, and hardly ever if ever qualifies. Comp. is wayyy to tough in Pro-Stock. Ford doesn't want to sponsor a loser...that's why they stay with Force. But seriously, they had problems with Bob Glidden back in the day and things still aren't ironed out. But FORCE is da man!

------------------
Finally DONE!!
93 GT, 393 stroker w/ Edlebrock Performer heads and EFI, 30lb injectors, Dynamic Roller Mite C4, 8 pt cage, Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, 3.73's, '69 351W block w/SCAT crank.
Old 08-01-2001, 01:01 AM   #3
MiracleMax
Registered Member

monkey see, monkey do I say, prostock is regulated big money with big-money sponsors. Who's goona plunk down sponsorship money on what is considered unsuccessful or obsolete? Doesn't matter if thats the truth or not! If everybody is winning with brand-X motors, type G chassis and formula D tire then the competition is gonna do the lazy thing and imitate or they'll get regulated into it and by then if somebody inovative comes along and starts smacking butt and grabing money they get legislated out of existance as being unfair or cheating

Take nascar for instance, I dunno if they mandate a 9" rear using stock architecture, but a 9 inch rear is incredibly strong at the cost of some driveline efficiency. Those ding-dongs could either change the architecture or try a more efficient design like oh, say an 8.8 or a GM 12 bolt and transmit a bit more power though. Say for instance to illustrate matters an 8.8 or 12 bolt is about 4% more efficent, then say you have a highly tuned engine making 750 hp, well 4% equates to about 30 extra hp, thats 30 hp that could be used to propel the car faster.

Would they? No! nobody is willing to take a chance on an untried component or the time it would take to develop it, and the gestopo that make the rules would probably ban the alternate rear end in the interest of competiive racing or some such BS like that
Old 08-01-2001, 02:40 AM   #4
smokedchevy
Registered Member

The red stang is driven by Robert Patrick. Former champion IHRA pro stock racer. Fords dominate in IHRA prostock. Ford had problems with Glidden because they did not help with designs whatsoever. He was on his own. He was running an engine based off a 460 block design. What the hell is that? Every one has aeronautical quality engines while Ford is still screwing around with an ancient engine design. They sucked at sponsoring drag racing. Also, Ford does not sponsor Force. It is Castrol. Ford dropped out of NHRA a long time ago, they are sponsoring no one. I answered your reply in the blue oval lounge too. Which is where this thread will probably be moved.

------------------
92 GT, 4:10 gears, centerforce clutch, 6# powerdyne blower, bbk h-pipe, flowmasters
Old 08-01-2001, 03:41 PM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation

This thread was originally moved to the Blue Oval Lounge, where it remains.

Please post non-tech issues there, not in Windsor Power.

Thanks.

------------------
Mr. 5.0
Messageboard Administrator
Closed Thread