MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   are the forums on this site slowly diminishing??? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=32944)

slow98 01-07-2003 11:12 PM

are the forums on this site slowly diminishing???

i know its winter and all but it seems like hardly anyone ever posts anything on this site anymore.....i mean look at all the different forums....hardly anyone is posting.......this is one of my favorite sites but it seems that no one ever posts here anymore:confused:

StangFlyer 01-07-2003 11:41 PM

I wouldn't really say that. The forums get hundreds of posts still every day. :p Although, I would expect the Street Racers Corner, and our other racing related forums, to be a little slow this time of year. No ones doing much racing in most areas of the country this time of year. Winter blows... :(

slow98 01-07-2003 11:46 PM

i agree

yeah i agree there is alot less goin on in the car world in winter time....but check out some other sites....there forums are getting swamped as we speak....i just wish more people would post here....seems like there are alot less than there used to be...

StangFlyer 01-08-2003 12:06 AM

Slow - Mustang Works has a lower amount of posting activity than some of our competition, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, we've always thought it was a good thing. The reason that we have less posting isn't because we have less traffic than other sites. In fact, we have a ton of traffic and readers. However, people post less frequently here because they don't post all the BS, crap, flames, and other material routinely seen at those other sites...

Mustang Works is well known for being a different crowd, with a much more mature and quality atmosphere. Our staff, overall, also does a pretty good job of moderating and actually enforcing a well established set of rules here. Therefore, we maintain a higher level of quality, maturity, and a much friendlier membership. Yes, the trade off for this is a lower post count, but we'd much rather be known for quality than quantity.

Make sense?

Dark_5.0 01-08-2003 09:36 AM

I wont let you down Slow98........I should bag a couple kills this weekend;)

BTW: Whats this Winter thing yall keep talking about.:confused:

EZRIDN 01-08-2003 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dark_5.0
BTW: Whats this Winter thing yall keep talking about.:confused:
I hear that....it was 73 here today in South Florida:D

302 LX Eric 01-08-2003 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EZRIDN
I hear that....it was 73 here today in South Florida:D
Screw both of you guys!

j/k :D

E

GodStang 01-09-2003 12:15 PM

70 here is southern South Carolina.

Allot of people have gotten fed up with some of the non mustang people coming in and messing with people.

The Deuce 01-09-2003 01:23 PM

Man it was in the 80's here all week. It's calming down a little. That was almost too hot for January.

As far as the racing, my favorite track is closed right now, and as of Jan 1, any exhibtion of speed will get your car impounded for a month in CA.

That's taken the fun out of it a little.:(

slow98 01-09-2003 10:03 PM

looks like its pikin back up

looks like the action is pickin back up.....glad to see it

topless tire fryer 01-10-2003 12:46 PM

Just to make you all feel better its supposed to be 10 degrees BELOW zero tonight, and the snowbank that my stang is parked next to is a good 15 foot high. I'm pretty sure I could still out run the bucket loaders that keep comming in to move the snowbanks, if I could find some bare pavement to get traction.

srv1 01-13-2003 11:41 PM

you can keep your earthquakes and hurricanes while i will freeze! you know what people i am talking about!:D :D