MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-24-2001, 04:24 AM   #1
fastang
Registered Member

Default LS1 freeway race 90-140

I havent had the chance to race an LS1 since I slapped on the heads and intake untill tonight. I was coming back to OC from LA tonight which is about an hour of freeway driving. I get bored so I step on it going 80 in 5th, I hit 110, let off, and my girl wakes up and asks me who I was racing. I said "no-one" Im just fuckin around with these 355's untill I get my 410's swapped in.

I look over and see an LS1 firebird getting on the freeway. He sees me pass him going 110 and gets behind me. We play cat and mouse games for about 10 miles or so passing eachother and fuckin around untill I come up on his *** and he hits it when he's a carlength ahead of me. I left it in 5th gear when I should have dropped to 4th but I was still slowly slowly gaining ground on him. by about 125 we're dead even and at 140 I had was a car ahead. I was suprised that I did so well without downshifting on him. I raced a few on the freeway before the head swap and got my *** whooped.
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 09:32 AM   #2
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

good kill
sounds like ur car is sweet
Old 12-24-2001, 03:52 PM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

That's what the 5.0's were made for! Slap some heads on em, and throw some bolt on's their way, and watch out! Nice kill!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 04:16 PM   #4
fastang
Registered Member

Wow, thanks guys I actualy got another race this morning. I was leaving to get some grub about to turn left when a loud new GT lowered on nice wheels goes speeding past me. The guy driving stares at me as he passes by and I sit there for a minute contempating chasing him down for a race or continue left and getting food.
Of course I said "screw it" and turned right instead. When I was coming up behind him I could see him looking at me in his rear view, he moves over and lets me into the lane next to him and sure enough we hit a light. Light turns green and we both leave slowly keeping it in first waiting for someone to jump on it. I was around 3 grand in first when I hear him hit it (loud) and see his nose jump. I hammer it and wind er up till 6 and speedshift second. By halfway through second his nose was at my bumper and at mid third gear we shut down because of traffic with him a carlength behind me. This guys GT was quick. He must have had a little more than just exhaust. If not he sure earned my respect.
He was really cool too. I let him pass me and he smiled real big and geve me a thumbs up. When he saw that I was turning off he gave me a wave as well.
I gotta get my trac loc fixed. If we would have ran from a dead stop I dont think I would have won. Launching a car with one wheel isnt easy.
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
Old 12-25-2001, 12:04 AM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

good kill's but, man be careful about going 140+ on the freeway i learned my lesson on that,also did you hear about the guy in fl that was highway racing and rear ended a car killing his mom & her friend, that was so sad.just be careful, take care.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 12:54 AM   #6
fastang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy horse gt
good kill's but, man be careful about going 140+ on the freeway i learned my lesson on that,also did you hear about the guy in fl that was highway racing and rear ended a car killing his mom & her friend, that was so sad.just be careful, take care.
No actualy I didnt hear about that. That really sucks and thanks for the warning. This race was at 1am and there really wasnt ANYONE on the road when we ran. Like I said before we were screwing around for about 10 miles untill we hit a good open stretch. When we hit 140 I was a car ahead and there was a car WAY ahead in his lane so we shut down. No point in going any faster anyway, he was already staring at horizontal SN95 Mustang taillights.