View Single Post
Old 11-24-2001, 04:05 AM   #1
fastang
Registered Member

Default Friends! please help and WS6 kill.

First off, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and I wish you all the best. Secondly I had a great race right after Thanksgiving dinner. I was headed home from the dinner when a loud LT1 WS6 turned right beside me and stopped at the light next to me. He looks over at me and when the light turns green we both slowly creep out of the intersection. I wait untill I hear him punch it...then floor it, put a car on him and powershift second, pull another carlength and hit 3rd then pump da brakes. He flys by me and does a huge burnout at the next intersection to show me how pissed off he is. I drove by him slowly and gave him a thumbs up laughing at his ***. My trac loc is out so I only have one wheel powering the car now. I wish I could have told him that he got beat by a mustang powered by only one wheel

That brings up my question for the masses. Will fixing my diff make a fat difference in my cars performance? With only one wheel powering my car I hit a 2.24 60ft and ran a 14.00 @ 102.4 mph on a bald drag radial at Carlsbad.

I just read an old MM&FF mag where they put a set of Edelbrock heads and Intake on a 94 stang that looks JUST like mine......they got 262rwhp out of it and ended up with a 13.0 @ 106 on a 2.0 60ft.

My car is made 282RWHP when it was burning oil (which I fixed) but Im still nowhere near MM&FF's times!!!!! whats the deal? They are running 8 tenths quicker and 4mph faster with 20 LESS rwhp!!!

Is my one wheel power making THAT much of a difference? Im getting pissed off here. I am getting the Eibach drag kit with the Right rear airbag and drag shocks for Christmas and already have 410's and a Trac Loc rebuild kit ready to install.

Please tell me what you guys think.
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote