View Single Post
Old 11-25-2001, 05:10 PM   #12
fastang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
Putting 1.7RR's on your B cam will basically turn it into an F cam. .514 lift 224* (plus just a little more duration at .500. Meaning you're pretty damn close to the .512 226* F cam. That's probably what I'd do to give you some more power with that combo.

What gears do you have now? You don't have the stock gearing do you?

I know about the 1.7's I used to have crane 1.7's on my stock heads with this cam before I did the head swap. I would much rather have the extra lift at the camshaft than the rocker though. The F cam will still have 2more degrees of lift than a B with 1.7's. Although a rocker swap is a lot easier to perform than a cam swap

Im running 355's right now and those are the same gears that MM&FF was using. Im going to swap to 410's very soon when I rebuild my rear end. I already have the gears, I just gotta stuff em in.

The only thing that I can think of about MM&FF's project car is that theyre using a Lentech AOD with a perfectly matched converter. Im using a Tremec 3550. Maybe the matched converter helped them out?
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote