MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-05-2001, 11:50 AM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Talking Frustration...

When I was driving home last night a bright red 96-98 Mustang GT with blacked out windows and a mean sounding exhaust pulled up beside me and reved. I wanted to race this guy sooooo bad. But there were like 30 cars infront of my due to rush hour traffic . His lane was a little faster moving and then the guy turned off down another street.

Does anyone else hate that?!? I was totally up for a race, but you know that it is just not going to happen...

Does this piss anyone else off?

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 01:01 PM   #2
smithbling
Registered Member

No. I love being caught in traffic with a victim beside me waiting to go.

------------------
C ME FLY

88 coupe
14.75 @ 98 mph
Traction Limited

smithbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 07:09 PM   #3
teal93LX
Registered Member

I HATE THAT!! it happens to me all the time..as a matter of fact it happened today, i was on my way back to work from lunch and was behind/beside this camaro ss for like 3 or 4 miles and could not catch a light or a break in traffic, i know he would of had a go with me too..thats sucks..

------------------
stock aod (only mod is the .38 with hollows on the passenger seat for the jackers) waiting for relatives to die for money for mods...
teal93LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 11:21 PM   #4
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

HEY 95mustanggt

What are you doing driving that stang in the snow

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com
STORED: 1988 Mustang GT "Canadian Cobra", stock, AOD, loaded
WANT XENON HEADLIGHTS AND WHITE FACE GAUGES? Visit my site:
http://www.stangpower.com

88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2001, 12:39 AM   #5
smithbling
Registered Member

Ya MAN!

Are you crazy. Where could you ever go full throttle?

------------------
C ME FLY

88 coupe
14.75 @ 98 mph
Traction Limited

smithbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2001, 02:53 AM   #6
StreetStang37
Registered Member

I feel your pain. Sometimes I feel like a cop driving around lookin for a little action, just anything!! I always see worthy cars going the opposite directions but never on mine!! My bro in his '94 Caprice 9C1 has the same problem. Maybe it's a curse?...or a blessing in disguise.
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2001, 11:25 PM   #7
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Actually the weather here has been nice in the last 2 weeks, and the roads have melted and it's dry outside. Almost makes me want my 17's back on. I haven't been able to find any races either, although tonight when I was putting gas in my beast I saw a badass Fox GT drive by....if only we were at a stoplight next to each other

------------------
1991 LX Hatch 5.0L
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 10:56 AM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

It's awesome out here the last while. Some of the road are bone dry! We hit 45 degrees here over the last couple of days! considering that our average daytime high is suppose to be only 15, it's great.

But alas, I do drive the stang in all year round. It blows but with all the student loans and car payments that I'm making, I have to struggle just too maintain the car let alone add mods or buy a beater .

Oh weel give me some more time and in a couple of years my Engineering degee will payoff and I'll have a nice truck (F-150) and a mustang that runs in the 12's!

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 12:16 PM   #9
Ripper
Registered Member

Within the past few weeks. I lined up against a M3. Once the light went green we both nailed it and neither could get traction. We were going back and forth as we shifted gears. We both back off once we hit 3rd. I definitely felt like I could've taken him but the road was too slick. Then the other day I lined up next to a NSX but we were the 2nd cars at the light so nothing happened. I punched once or twice with no response from him.

------------------
1999 GT - Laser Red
K&N, Steeda pulleys, & Steeda strut tower brace
(Upcoming mods: subframes (bought), Bassani X, & FMS 3.73s
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 04:14 PM   #10
MercDude
Registered Member

Lately i've been looking for some more action... ever since the '00 SS and i went at it, i've been on the hunt. (never done that befor) anyway, i was driving home and i saw a pack of ws6's and ls1's driving in the oposite direction... so then the next light i had i turned around... but then they were no where to be seen until i saw that they had turned around and was now going the same direction as i WAS going. I was mad... so i drove home. Then on the way home i saw this orange '66 stang with 16's and white strips down it. So he was going the opposite way also... but i said ***** it, i'm going after him... he looks fast enough. So i hung a u-turn and caught up to him. Then i noticed that he was driving next to a primered '65 chevy malibu, but it sounded mean. then the stang moved over as i came up on them. So then the malibu and i are driving at about 40 waiting for a red light. we drove for like 5 miles down a main road with intersections about every 1/2 mile or so and i couldn't believe it! No red lights, not ONE! then a car pulls out left and finally a light turns red but its way before we get to the light... we slow down to about 20 and then about 500' before we get to the intersection, the light turns green. So then he just nails it and goes roaring by me. he pulls about 6 cars on me and so i said, "oh hell no you aren't doing that to me!" so i then dropped the trans to 1st and punched it! i pull almost all the way up to his bumper and still going... but we shut it down at about 90 cause there was a fat turn and intersection ahead. I was pissed cause my merc should have smoked his *** ... i just figured he had a nice 350. So the next day i saw that car parked in a familiar shop and i just figured he worked over there. So then the next week i'm talking to my cylinder head guy about cams and stuff... anyway, i happened to mention the race and i described the car, and he goes, does he work over on sunrise blvd? i said i think so, i saw his car there. He goes, was it kinda beat up, primered early chevy malibu? i said yeah... he goes, "oh **** ... i just built that guy a nice 383. Wow... well i'll be..." I was even more surprised then him... so, weird stuff happens when you seemingly can never get a race.

------------------
'63 Merc Meteor hardtop, warm 302, C4 auto, 2.25" Flowmaster Exhaust,
'65 289 heads - ported/chevy valves, performer cam, edelbrock f4a intake, full length hookers, 600 holley, roller rockers, k'n, 10.5:1 hyperutetic pistons... mid 13's hoping to reach into 12's
MercDude is offline   Reply With Quote